VS V6 funny problem ?!?!

Holden202T

VS V6 funny problem ?!?!

Post by Holden202T »

Hi Guys,

hoping someone here might have seen this issue before and may be able to shed some light on it....

basically the brothers VS V6 works fine, walk outside, unlock, get it start her up and off you go....

then say you go to a servo, fill up with petrol then go back to the car put the key in, turn it on and nothing just a heap of lights on the dash! so then you lock/unlock or just press unlock and it then will start ..... also at one stage after pressing unlock and starting it hes getting an engine light on ....

diag jumper = code 12 ....

so im thinking its a bcm type issue but i don't really know where to look for a fix .... we tried the memcal out of my car with vats disabled and that didn't change anything either....

oh, also in the past its not wanted to start, but key on and off a few times sorts that out .... is this a related issue that progressing ?

anyone out there got any ideas ?

murphys law, first day he put its up for sale it starts playing up.
delcowizzid

Re: VS V6 funny problem ?!?!

Post by delcowizzid »

make sure the key head screws are tight and the contacts touch round the key barrel it could be getting a flat battery too . this is the exact reason i will never own any higher than VP the later ones have all sorts of issues with keys and shit ide love a VT but ide have to rewire it too 808 ecu and rip out all the extras LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah checked all that, cleaned the swipe thing on the barrel too ....

i sorta don't think its a flat key cause it opens the doors no problems ?!?!?
Apples

Post by Apples »

If your lucky try changing the fuel pump relay , EFI relay and IGN relays.
Up here in the Top End we get sugar ants in the relays all the time new relays and surface spray slows them a bit.
I hope its something simple.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

You would think if it were a bcm or key problem it would log code 31.Also sometimes the later ecms will spit out a code 12 three times before outputing actual fault codes.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah well you'd think thered be some code if the engine light is coming on when your driving hey!
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

I fixed one with issues before where the bcm was full of dry solder joints .
And a vr one where it had actually been that wet at some stage it corroded tracks wich i repaired and resoldered all of the joints.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well it appears someone has bought the car despite these issues!! :lol:
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

The VS system will not crank until it sees a valid key, if you press unlock the BCM has seen an RF signal & will allow starting.
what happens if you continue to hold the key in the start position? what is the delay fro key on to crank & what is the Theft light doing?

Rob
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

im a bit lost, i thought the metal strip on the barrel was what completed that circuit to allow it to start ?

if its having its issue you can hold the key in the start position as long as you like and it never does anything ....

can't tell you much more than that unfortunately as the car has been sold now.