How to loose 200kgs?....

Gareth

Re: How to loose 200kgs?....

Post by Gareth »

Well, What a weekend :D

It seems all the years hard work and development is paying off, the car went really well with only minor room for improvement in most areas, other areas need a bit more full on reworking (like the steering not self centering.. :think: ). The car had plenty of power and the engine ran flawlessly all weekend. Big thanks to Vlad and Dylan for all their help in that department.

I qualified 34th out of 102 entries (only the top 40 cars get a spot in the 100 lap final), struggled with set up and shit track conditions in the heats but managed to stick it out to get a starting spot. The final was the fastest pace race for the entire weekend, it was mad :shock: Cars on fire, cars exploding body panels, the track looked like a wrecking yard that had been wiped out by a tornado at the end... Only 14 of the 40 starters finished the race with only 8 on the lead lap...I managed to keep my nose out of most of this and ended up crossing the line in 6th place :D but I did notice that theres now about two inches of toe in on the front that wasnt there before, I dont want to know whats bent :lol:

Top ten winners got prize money :punk: top 5 got trophies :hmm: so look out next year...

Thanks again to everyone who gave input through out this tread on my weight loss project, with out your thoughts and ideas it wouldn't have happened as well as it did :thumbup:

Photos to follow
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Good job, perseverance is everything.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:driving:

Btw, any videos of the race? I didn't end up going so hoping someone else might have some videos.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

Well done Biggvl.

Qualifying 34th out of 40 starts you near the back of the grid, and to only have 14 cars left at the end, and to finish in 6th place is an excellent result, and since the top 8 were on the lead lap then you were definitely in the thick of it, and a minor mishap in front of you could made all the difference.

Next year should be even better. :thumbup:

Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah certainly sounds like there was plenty of action! 100cars, fuck the pits must have been hectic!

good result, and if a bent steering arm is the worst of it you have done really well!
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Good job knackers ! All the hard work paying off :)
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Hey, thanks for all the nice comments guys :thumbup:

chuff - there where no 'minor mishaps' just major fuck ups :lol:

202 - yep, two other classes racing all weekend, approx 200 cars in pits to suit 60ish...

will post pics tonight
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Gotta be happy with that on it's 1st real outing since all the mods were done. Can only get better with more seat time in the beast.... :thumbup:
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Me and the boys practising wheel changes and going over the car the week prior to racing
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

some of the cars in the final, just before the start, note the different types of cars racing...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhdOvbQRnE[/youtube]