Knock Box Talk

Holden202T

Re: Knock Box Talk

Post by Holden202T »

I agree, unfortunately can't help with designing electronic diagram cause I only know basics!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Im good at reading schematics and working out problems but pretty average coming up with designs from scratch.

All I know is op amps are involved lol.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Why re-invent the wheel.

Festy's Programmable digital knock filter http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ock+filter

It does work. You just have to spend time to understand how to set it up. I am very impressed in the design and software control of this little board. The same HIP9011 chip is used in factory and after market ecus.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah Im interested in getting one of these and connect it to the alloytec knock sensor im currently trying to permanently fit to my 202 block :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I spoke to festy. It doesn't have audio abilities so it not much use to me.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

it might be easier to feed your audio signal into your laptop mic in, then have an app do the audio processing, then feed it out the headphone port of your laptop...
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

vlad01 wrote:I spoke to festy. It doesn't have audio abilities so it not much use to me.

Knock detected output from festy's board gives a digital 5 volt output pulse which can be sustained up to 250ms (1/4 of second). Would not take too much to make some audio with that output.

For me I am not that interested in hearing it. I just want to know exactly where it occurs when logged with RPM Map etc. Seeing it occur in a log is a must.

Hearing it must be for the dyno guys who often don't log at all. In saying that I am sure all the dyno guys on this forum do log, they have seen the benefits.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

For hearing back in 2011 Delcowizzid recommended this https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewt ... 244#p13529

The ebay link is dead, so i'll attach the pic of the device he was talking about.

I built one up, but never ended up using it.
Attachments
hearing.jpg
hearing.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Looks like you can still get them on ebay, looks the same.

item number 171948974837
Screenshot_2015-11-26-14-26-16.png
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It's not really about logging it, rather a to to verify what's real or what's false. On the dyno it's easy as logging isn't needed as your are tuning steady state real time.