L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine

Gareth

L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine

Post by Gareth »

Hi all,

The idea is being tossed about at the moment about using L67 heads on a n/a ecotec. The primary idea is to use the injector location as an advantage in the L67 heads. (located in the port rather than the runner)

The bit Im unsure about is why did GM use port injection on L67 but not n/a?... I don't think cost is the issue here

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Gareth.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
delcowizzid

Re: L67 vs N/A ecotec heads on n/a engine

Post by delcowizzid »

cause the charger got in the way
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

But why go to the expense of tooling up for two types of head?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I might also add that the other major reason for this idea is to allow a unrestricted intake design. A new ground up intake design I have been working on and the injector incorporation has been a limiting factor, they are just in the way and are even more in the way when the injector boss is recessed out of the runner space.

So the idea of L67 heads makes total sense and are the default configuration of the aluminium heads anyway.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:But why go to the expense of tooling up for two types of head?

its only that they drill holes for most of the heads. Just FYI some period of the US made heads of the L36 has the injector bung cast in to the port just not finished off as they were for N/A engines. So that actually was the same casting used for both. Later ones they removed the pocket and I think that might of resulted in using 2 different castings again.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.