TCC lockup

immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

TCC lockup

Post by immortality »

Hi Guys,

Playing with the TCC lockup ATM (VX L67 with The1 enhanced code), been getting the converter to lock up a little earlier in 3rd, it's locking up when accelerating moderately coming onto the motorway, it's like having another gear which is great and when it locks it feels like the acceleration actually improves which is even better.

What I'm worried about is damaging the lockup clutch in the converter when applying it while there is a fair bit of load going through the converter. I believe Holden added the 2nd solenoid for the lock up function to smooth the application by controlling the pressure going to the clutch during the VR model however I wonder if changing the settings so the apply happens a lot faster it will prevent wear in the lock up clutch?

If I'm not mistaken I need to increase the DC%'s in this table TCC - Normal Mode - 3 & 4 Apply Rate Duty Cycle % / Sec Vs TPS ?
The1

Re: TCC lockup

Post by The1 »

dont bother with the apply rate table unless it's slipping and not actually locking up, more change the apply table, just set it to 100% DC to stop the dreaded PWM, it'l also stop the PWM valve wearing the bore out. I havn't actually added those to VX/VY S/C Enhanced, ill try and do that tonight and update version.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

OK, you mean this one TCC - Normal Mode - 3 & 4 Apply % Duty Cycle Vs TPS ?

If so I should be able to copy em over from the VS xdf and adjust the address to suit the VX bin.
The1

Post by The1 »

yep, here is the updated xdf.
Attachments
VX_V6_SC_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.3d.xdf
(314.42 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
vy4444
cars: vy commodore s pack ute

Post by vy4444 »

Hi, i have the vy v6 normal aspirated auto, is their a xdf that has all the tcc tables like the one above made for s/charged that i can use to adjust settings in Power Mode, ive left normal mode stock and play with power mode, seems the only xdf i can find only has 3 & 4 % apply duty cycle vs tps normal mode, i'm trying to get some more pressure on the tcc in Power Mode as it sounds like a slight shutter when it engages at slower speeds, any help much would be appreciated thanks