Tuning a Commodore VL?

delcowizzid

Re: Tuning a Commodore VL?

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah cut the pins off its so easy to cook a nissan ecu trying to take them out best way is one at a time or they end up in the bin real quick :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Post by benk »

Have fitted a thicker headgasket to reduce the compression (not the best way to go). He should have it back in the car by the time I get back off work and will look into modifing the ecu
I have some 27C265 eproms here, will they do?
benk

Post by benk »

Is there anyway to tell the turbo injectors from the standard?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yes they will do.. sorry, I hav eno idea how to tell turbo injectors.. never looked at them that hard and I dont have access to any anymore. id say look up the part number on them, you should be able to find their flow rate on google somewhere.
benk

Post by benk »

no worries should be able to find out some info somewhere
kaBOOM
cars: Sirius Deej, VL Calais Turbo

Post by kaBOOM »

VL turbo injectors are 250cc/Min. They are the same as ET pulsar injectors.Standard ones are 200cc/Min I *think*

I had a set in my old head (I went twincam on my VL), I put them somewhere and alas never saw them again... :roll:
...when in doubt, simply throw more electronics at it!
benk

Post by benk »

Jayme wrote:Yep, its a stocker - which will work ok for really low boost setups. ideally what you want to do is put a stock Turbo bin on it
VL_RB30ET_Turbo_Man_(3TM)_Fuel.bin
then use turbo injectors (which flow more) and it should run nicely. beware of pinging tho coz it wont be running any knock contorl - especially if you are turboing a non turbo motor (higher compression) then you may want to wind the dizzy timing back a little.
Jayme, (or anyone) wouldn't have an xdf or know where I would be able to find one for this bin so I can have a look at it?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

this one I got off a random forum somewhere with like 2 tables defined, then finished it myself using a trial copy of nistune and a bit of trial and error and differencing.
Attachments
RB30E(T)_v1.0.xdf
(25.98 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
benk

Post by benk »

Thanks Jayme :D , Just wanted to have a look at the tune before i put it in the car and if I need to change anything later on