Auto Tuning Help 4L60E in S/C VT

L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Auto Tuning Help 4L60E in S/C VT

Post by L67VSTY »

Trying to learn how to tune the transmission before tuning the engine using the Auto Fm Tuning guide it refers to a VS V6 N/A.
I have a VT V6 S/C using The 1's Enhanced bin and comparing the force motor table but the numbers are completely different I don't know where to start also the guide shows some slip history log tables I have done some logs but can't see anything with slip logs.
Any help is much appreciated. Cheers
L67VSTY

Re: Auto Tuning Help 4L60E in S/C VT

Post by L67VSTY »

I have added a copy of the 2 force motor tables to help show what I am looking at I have also tried to colour the similar numbers the same colour for comparison.
The VT SC enhanced bin has the same numbers mostly vertically but the VS NA has them mostly the same horizontally.
In the Auto FM tuning guide it suggests "When tuning the force motor table you want to try and keep it smooth, " should this be from top to bottom (vertically) or left to right (horizontally).
Cheers
Attachments
VT Trans Force motor table PCM.xlsx
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
The1

Post by The1 »

look at the slip rpm, over about 800rpm apply a little extra pressure, this is while a shift is not occuring.
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

Thanks The1. If it helps anyone else I thought it was during the shift and I didn't know that I had to right click on the monitor & then select the slip menu & shift times also. I have now done some more logs and will attempt to change as described, Thanks again.