Wideband Setup VT L67

L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Wideband Setup VT L67

Post by L67VSTY »

Wideband Setup for VTL67

Postby L67VSTY » Sun May 27, 2018 10:59 pm
I require help to install & configure a Spartan 2 into a VT L67 with The 1's enhanced code.

It appears I need to use pin A5 or B10, reading the "Enhanced Mod General Info" I don't understand the formula for 14point7 ((20.00-10.00)/255*x)+10.00, I don't know what to enter & where for the *x also the +10, I have also looked at the You tube video Setting up "Wideband Datalogging Input Video" Postby The1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:50 pm & am still confused.

Is it a plug & play thing to do or do I need to check voltages or anything else before tuning as other people have discussed ?

Also where have people been connecting the ECU earth in VT commodores for the wideband to ?

The power wire for the 02 sensor is to be live only when the engine is running are people connecting these to something like a fuel pump relay or just an ignition on wire ?

Anything else I should lookout for or know ?

Cheers
Holden202T

Re: Wideband Setup VT L67

Post by Holden202T »

you shouldn't have to touch the formula as long as the settings match your wideband, the X is the input your using, ie. A5 readings will be put into the X variable.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

The factory 4 wire O2 sensors are wired so they come on with the ignition switched to the ON position.
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

Thanks again for the info I am just trying to get everything correct as I don't have much knowledge on all of this & have some more questions.

I now understand the X as being the ID of input pin for the wideband say No. A5 but where do I need to enter the whole formula ?

If the 4 wire 02 connector comes on with the ignition I think that won't be correct as the instructions state to have power on when the engine is running and what would happen if the ignition is on say for diagnostics or some other reason for a period of time then the 02 sensor will be on when it's not required. The instructions mention if the 02 sensor is already heated an engine start could move condensation in the exhaust and cause thermal shock to the ceramic internals cracking or deforming it.