2Bar Map sensor tuning/logging

VX L67 Getrag

2Bar Map sensor tuning/logging

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey All,

I got a couple of 2 bar map sensors here which are genuine Delphi from Australia Fuel Injection(A.F.I.) & with the normal calc used for 2 bar(X*0.781)+8 atmospheric value shows as 79.85....

Obviously this is going to throw the tuning for spark & fuel maps out completely, has anyone struck it before & know where to get proper sensors or a fix for it?
delcowizzid

Re: 2Bar Map sensor tuning/logging

Post by delcowizzid »

What's the map volts at key on you sure they arnt 3bar maps .there's no genuine ones around anymore everyone's starting to use ls1 style 2bars cause it's easier to find a real one all the old style are pretty much Chinese unless you find new old stock ones covered in dust in someone's back room lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

how do I change it to read volts instead of value?

I used the calc X * 0.019608 as thats the IAT voltage calc & shoe 1.8v at ign on(atmos) not runing.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Strange thing is when the same sensor is hooked up to W53 kalmaker software it read close to what it should 2.3v, but when using W85 kalmaker it show's the 1.8v value????
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I was meaning just backprobe it with a multimeter
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I didn't think AFI sold 2 bar map sensors. The last time I tried I was told they only sell 1 or 3 bar ones.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Whats the part number on the sensor?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

AFI don't supply with sticker part number like Delphi normally come with, they have a weird printed number on the side but doesn't google reference anything.

I back probed it & getting 2.35(ish) volts so it read close enough to what a 2Bar should, so thinking it must be bad earths or something, it's just strange when the VX code shows a different value than the VT considering it's the same car, same sensor etc...
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Do they both show the same voltage? That voltage reading sounds about right for the 2 bar at atmos. Maybe you need to measure it back at the ECU.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

OK with using standard voltage reference in adx it shows 1.8v but direct at map itself shows 2.35v!!!

This is going to throw all references out,it has a clean 5v supply from tps & I gave it an extra earth with clean extra earth for dfi at same location to make sure they're all getting same connection, but obviously it's throwing things out... but why???