Mk triton 6g72 ecu

Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Mk triton 6g72 ecu

Post by Dazza92VP »

Anybody ever had a play with these ecus before MD332884 everyone seems to change to the later 4 plug type reflashable I'm just wondering which ic holds the bin and if it possible to read and reflash would love to have ago try and get the fuel economy a bit better in this thing
Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Re: Mk triton 6g72 ecu

Post by oldn64 »

Hello Dazza92VP,

I am not going to be too much help as the only things I used to do was repair the caps after they detroyed themselfs in the Pajero installs.

I found early on that it was hard to find out much about these ECU's in the early days and thus ended up converting the motor to run on the VR ECU instead. Was sort of what was needed seeing I ended up with a GD galant running a 6g72tt. Was an animal but even the mitsubishi dealer would not assist with the standard ECU.

Do you have better pics of the chip numbers so that I can look these up on my reference chart. I might be able to at least steer you to the right chip :thumbup:

Regards
oldn64
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea that's what I'm considering doing if I can't find any info or pull a bin from it. How did you go about dealing with the crank trigger only choices I can see is make a crank trigger wheel to suit or run one of vl400 ignition modules. Would love to look at going turbo in the future
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

Dazza92VP wrote:Yea that's what I'm considering doing if I can't find any info or pull a bin from it. How did you go about dealing with the crank trigger only choices I can see is make a crank trigger wheel to suit or run one of vl400 ignition modules. Would love to look at going turbo in the future
I made my own crank trigger. Was a little primative but when I did this there was not the support that is here now. vl400 does make some good gear from what i have seen. his route maybe a simpler path than what I travelled. (the whole remove the inlet to change sparkplug had hairs on it, but then again all new holdens with the alloytech have this too :( why oh why!)

regards
oldn64
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yea just been through spark plugs and the timing belt not as bad as front wheel drive but still shit and I have to redo the timing belt as my brother was helping and stuck one of the cam seals in and the big rock ape decided that it's not seated until it's touching the rear main seal so have to do that again. Was thinking vl400 module would be the best way can use the crank and can triggers but he prob would have to add the triggers into the programming but hopefully that would one take much
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Mitsi eprom ecus normally have an E on the sticker and a 28pin eprom onboard .I'm guessing it's flashable but it may not be supported by the normal flashtool everyone uses for mitsi
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

From what I've read about everyone says they're non flash able but like you said prob just no one has to hear to flash or much of a demand for this type to be flashed. As far as I can tell the larger chip is the processor and the smaller one next to it is ignition controller? I have no idea which actually stores the bin in it though whether it's the small of the two on the main board or one of the little buggers on the smaller boards that look like knock filter boards. I would get better photos but I had to refit the ecu back as Its my daily driver hopefully Monday or Tuesday im going to see about some parts on another wreck got to replace the vinyl floor in the front and some trim bits but if it still has the ecu in it I might grab it as long as he doesn't want my first born for it although some days I consider that trade.