2008 rodeo key reader linked to bcm

delcowizzid

2008 rodeo key reader linked to bcm

Post by delcowizzid »

Thought I would post this in case anyone else needs the info

So my mate who owns the VB had his tow car stolen while watching motorbike street races after Xmas
It's a 2008 rodeo .the police found the Ute abandoned a few hundred meters away up a side street a couple of weeks later where the thieves had towed it while trying to start it. They didn't have a key fob and it wouldn't run but they butchered the ignition barrel out and broke the key reader ring around the barrel.we got a barrel with key and key reader to get the new barrel rekeyed to the old key and were planning to bolt the new reader module in and be all good to go.
We plugged in the key reader and the car stopped cranking over weird would crank run and die with the broken reader.then it dawned on me the key reader is linked to the bcm.opened up the unit and the boards just clip out so we swapped the board into the good shell with the key reader coil intact and viola it's fixed starts and runs like stock slapped the insides of the broken barrel into the new one and the old keys are back in operation I have the spare board here to read the eprom I see on it and see what I can find
20190111_232423.jpg
20190111_232413.jpg
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Re: 2008 rodeo key reader linked to bcm

Post by delcowizzid »

dont know if my onboard chip clip works that good 4 different reads of bugger all data
93c66a rodeo read 4.bin
(512 Bytes) Downloaded 341 times
93c66a rodeo read 3.bin
(512 Bytes) Downloaded 332 times
93c66a rodeo read 2.bin
(512 Bytes) Downloaded 336 times
93c66a rodeo read 1.bin
(512 Bytes) Downloaded 330 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

May need to have the module powered up at the same time as reading. Iv had that issue with some eeproms previously.

*Edit
Doesnt look like you were quite clipped on correctly.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah I think my Chinese clip is the issue my top2004 programmer doesn't show orientation in the programmer either so just put it at the bottom