07-2013 GM BCM

04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Ok, it likely doesn’t give a count down to the pcm, just an ok to continue like the same message initially given to start is just given every few seconds until the bcm timmer expires than it just stops sending the run signal and shuts off.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

ironduke wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote:Another idea would be to find out if gds2 has any display data for remote start run time? If so it’s not hard to scan the cdn data stream and find out the value being sent to the scan tool. Likely what’s in the scan tool message for number of minutes will be the same hex value stored in the bcm.
Mine's a 13 so it'd be tech2win or a tech2, I've gone thru every ECM,BCM,IPC, and RCDLR data list and I have not found anything related to a timer for remote start. I was hoping to find something as well and log the data list for it to see how it's being sent.. no go..

I can post it up, but I had even logged everything on the high speed canbus during an entire remote start and spent about 6 hours manually looking for something of a timer.. Found RPM,Coolant,etc but nothing that steadily counted down. I did not log pin 1 gmlan yet, that's something I could try. That'd involve the RCDLR,IPC,BCM,etc but not the ecm so I doubt it'd be there..

My timer is 10 minutes, I measured it.. no way I could have been off by a full minute.. unless 11 minutes means it only runs for 10?
I checked my tech 2 it only goes up till 2012, and my GDS2 doesn't list a 2013 Silverado? Do you have a later tech 2? what year does it go up two?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

North American version goes up to 33.004. It covers up to 2013 for some models.. Depends on if it's global A or not..
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

ironduke wrote:North American version goes up to 33.004. It covers up to 2013 for some models.. Depends on if it's global A or not..
It’s time to find that on the web somehow then:) I must have the earlier version.

Is there anything else in the bcm we can find that has a timer? That’s more known? I have found t perimeters, that way. I for example I found pcm axle ratio in hex via hp tuners, then searched it in the tcm, not found, then searching the first two bytes I found it, guess the tcm rounds it slightly different!

Anyway if we know the location of a timer in the bcm for say wiper intermittent delay, and know it’s exact true time, we can use that to find 10 minutes. I just can’t think of any known parameters?

Only other strategy I have is find a vin that has the same options except remote start, and then compare those two files, hope the set the timer to 0000 in the non remote start call. And the rest are just Booleans likely.
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

I've looked for the BCM data for the remote start timer as well with no luck. Even tried the engineering version of tech2win. I feel like I've seen it for other vehicles but I can't recall.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

gmtech825 wrote:I've looked for the BCM data for the remote start timer as well with no luck. Even tried the engineering version of tech2win. I feel like I've seen it for other vehicles but I can't recall.
I didn't think of the engineering version, good idea!!!!

I ended up busy all weekend without much free time.. One thought I had was I remember in the gmlan bible had something for remote start timer.. Might be able to ask for it via a request?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... EN5cDIzMXc

04colyZQ8, as far as remote start enable there are 3 different ox00 that get changed to 0x01, 2 are for hood switch code enables and 1 is for remote start enable.. There is no timer code change when enabling the remote start..
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

ironduke wrote:
gmtech825 wrote:I've looked for the BCM data for the remote start timer as well with no luck. Even tried the engineering version of tech2win. I feel like I've seen it for other vehicles but I can't recall.

I ended up busy all weekend without much free time.. One thought I had was I remember in the gmlan bible had something for remote start timer.. Might be able to ask for it via a request?

04colyZQ8, as far as remote start enable there are 3 different ox00 that get changed to 0x01, 2 are for hood switch code enables and 1 is for remote start enable.. There is no timer code change when enabling the remote start..

I don't see anything on that site for RVS timer, I only see RVS status. Where are you seeing it? I looked through GMW8762 and only see boolean values for RVS status and requests. Still no timer. apparently doc GMW8767 describes more about the RVS operation but I can't find that document for free anywhere.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

gmtech825 wrote:
ironduke wrote:

I don't see anything on that site for RVS timer, I only see RVS status. Where are you seeing it? I looked through GMW8762 and only see boolean values for RVS status and requests. Still no timer. apparently doc GMW8767 describes more about the RVS operation but I can't find that document for free anywhere.
I'm looking now, I swear I saw it there.. Maybe it was my inagination? I see remote start status now too but I thought there was a link that had some info.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I wonder if hex ... 09 * 1000 which is 589,824 in decimal, which is 9.83 minutes could tell us anything? I'd search for 09 in the segment that contains the hood pin Boolean and change 09 to 05 and see if it cuts the time down.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

04colyZQ8 wrote:I wonder if hex ... 09 * 1000 which is 589,824 in decimal, which is 9.83 minutes could tell us anything? I'd search for 09 in the segment that contains the hood pin Boolean and change 09 to 05 and see if it cuts the time down.
Would you still do that if I had timed the remote start runtime and ended up with 10 minutes and 1.6 seconds... so 10:01.6?? You had asked and I had timed it again and posted.. I don't know why we'd start looking at 9 minutes? or 9.83 minutes.. It certainly ran for damn near exactly 10 minutes, and the 1.6 seconds was probably me fat fingering the stop button on my phone.. lol