Sps techline gm error reading controller data windows 7

04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Sps techline gm error reading controller data windows 7

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I have been struggling with windows 10 x64, and now windows 7 x64 for programming using sps subscription from acdelco.

I couldn’t get any vit2 or vit1 data and reading controller info failed with windows 10 x64 through vm fusion on MacBook Air with gm mongoose 2 pro.

So I thought maybe it was because it was running to slow and not enough disk space, so I decided to try windows 7 x64 vm fusion instead, everything works better! And faster now

But ..
sPs techline didn’t like windows 7, and failed to install updates, failed to start. I now have windows 7 working with techline after a big work around I have techline with all the latest updates 

-minus last mdi2 update //who cares I don’t have a mdi
-tech2 last update //2.305 works just as well as 2.370

it programs most modules except any chevy trax from 2015-2016 which is the vehicle I own I’m literally only getting errors reading data from any modules using my stock vin or any other trax vin. If I use a random vin from a Colorado or silverado it goes start to download the calibration but fails to program because of vin mismatch!

So it’s able to read the modules if it uses a vin a don’t have in any of my modules.. I don’t get it!

Also programs my bench top computers fine with Colorado and Silverado vin!!

I don’t get it!

Tried windows 10 x64 same issues won’t read my controllers using the stock vin??
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: Sps techline gm error reading controller data windows 7

Post by Tazzi »

I would recommend sticking to windows 10 as that is they base development that techline is designed for at this time.

As for the issue with programming in your car currently, what is the exact error message that displays? Does techline detect your car and bring up the VIN in the SPS2 screen?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Tazzi wrote:I would recommend sticking to windows 10 as that is they base development that techline is designed for at this time.

As for the issue with programming in your car currently, what is the exact error message that displays? Does techline detect your car and bring up the VIN in the SPS2 screen?

Yes I’ll have to get a picture of the error.

Yes it says blue 2015 trax and displays vin, let’s me select what module to program, gets lock, than takes for ever reading controller current configuration and than displays the error. Saying controller data doesn’t match vehicle configuration. I tried pcm, tcm, cluster, bcm, abs, rear axle, they all give the same error.

Looking over the log it sends get controller info, json returns null.

I’m leaning towards an error with my mongoose pro, or vm fusion. Funny because any other program on the same computer can use the mongoose pro and read any controller data.

I can try parrells for Mac instead.

But I am also using the oldest drew tech drivers because the latest ones fail to communicate with my cable at all? It is a genuine I cable bought years ago before they made clones.

If anyone else as a mongoose pro 2, and used it with sps or techline please tell me what version of drew tech drivers you are using, and which j2534 wraper version
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

What there ever any techline meant for windows 7? If so what version numbers of all the software?
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I gave up trying to use window windows 7 and finally have techline working on vm with parrells it’s much better than fusion. Not sure why it works with parrell and not fusion.

Discovered the main issue with windows 7, and windows 10 in vm was the network connection from vm to MacBook. Something is up delay or something and it won’t pass the info from the read controller to gms sever for verification.

Using bridge for network instead of shared solved the issues in windows 10, but not with VMware on my windows desktop or fusion on the MacBook still fails.

Windows 7 with bridge and parrell also doesn’t work!

Only think that does is windows 10 bridges network with parrell

Also it integrates very well! I can access my files from the Mac inside windows.

Guess it’s worth 59.00 a year (student discount)