Bonanza Aircraft

Post any other rides you have here
GONZO

Bonanza Aircraft

Post by GONZO »

My Brother and I lashed out and got hold of a 1956 vintage Aircraft. It may not be of interest to you guys but here it is.

You can see pics of it when it was new at http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Beech%2035 ... VH-CWR.htm

and as we found it at http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=263301

It doesn't look pretty but it is corrosion free and this is what we do for a living, so it shouldnt turn out too badly we hope.
Holden202T

Re: Bonanza Aircraft

Post by Holden202T »

it looks pretty tidy !!

what sort of motor is in it ? tell me your going to Delco it :D
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Thats awesome, never thought we would see a plane posted on here! Looks like a fun project and one with a bit of history by the sounds of the website.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Sounds like a fun project, a bit out of the ordinary. Yeah do delco it :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nice oldy but a goodie be a bit of work restoring that to flyable looks like a cool project thats for sure.are you under any restraints as to how you can restore it does it have to be restored to original colours etc or can you go at it would look cool all polished alloy :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

The "Old girl" will be staying carbed, the certification for using injection is just demented. It has a 225 Hp 6 cylinder air cooled engine and cruises at about 250/260Kmh. It will be painted white with a blue "Arrow" down the side which is similar to original.

Polished alloy looks awesome but is a right royal pain in the ass. Every time it is polished more of the pure aluminium cladding is removed and exposes the core material (2024 copper/aluminium alloy) to the air and you can probably guess what happens next. (It turns black and needs more polish!)

It is a bit of a project but will be good fun when it is running. hope to have it flying before Christmas. (Didn't say which year though!)
Mamba
cars: 1995 Holden Commodore VS Wagon
2006 Holden Berlina VZ Wagon

Post by Mamba »

That is one beautiful aircraft...always loved planes and the bonanza always looks awesome!! :D
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

They are nice to fly too, Mamba. It is getting pretty close, just getting some avionics sorted and fuel cells and we are giggling.

New glass, paint, interior and fresh engine. Should be good fo a couple of hundred hours.
Mamba
cars: 1995 Holden Commodore VS Wagon
2006 Holden Berlina VZ Wagon

Post by Mamba »

Excellent!!...those aircraft not only looked good but were quite luxurious inside as well....goods seats, excellent visibility and forgiving to fly (sometimes) but from what I've heard always fun to fly...arguably the best amongst light aircraft :D ..do you hold a CPL?? does the aircraft require a type endorsement??...jandakot was home to a bonanza 36 which was I think was unfortunately damaged in a landing outside Perth ....a lot of work would have been required on your aircraft but it is soooo worth it...any pics??..