Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post any other rides you have here
Gareth

Re: Mint VP V6 Sedan soon to be boosted!

Post by Gareth »

Sounds sweet :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Hey 202 how many projects have got on the boil. The van, Gemini, your brothers car, your dads cars and now this. Man you must not sleep at night.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Sounds great ! Fuck sleep if this is what your playing with !
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Haha yeah always something fun to tinker with in my family!

Next will be a bit more progress on the Gemini motor and my other brothers head gasket (the nitrous 202 VS Commie)
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Bloody nice 202t :thumbup:
A few more hidden ponies to come I bet.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Where is the video?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

What sort of plug gaps were you using? I've found that .030"/.035" works ok with methanol in these engines, but because you're giving it a spray, probably should look at .025"/.028". Good numbers at the treads, be interesting to see how it goes at the track.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

videos on previous page vlad!

plug gaps are same as I use in the Gemini about .030/.035 (brother can't remember which hehe) and theres no spray, just methanol and boost.... also 1 range colder ngk's in it.

it was too lean for my liking too, old mate reckoned t was too rich, not for meth its not! anyways, its a good starting point, I've tweaked up the tune for more fuel where it needed it and less where it didn't so hopefully it should be pretty close now, then we'll see what it runs, with the rough weight and wheel HP we are hoping to see it do a mid 7 over the 1/8th! its PB is 9.01!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:videos on previous page vlad!

plug gaps are same as I use in the Gemini about .030/.035 (brother can't remember which hehe) and theres no spray, just methanol and boost.... also 1 range colder ngk's in it.

it was too lean for my liking too, old mate reckoned t was too rich, not for meth its not! anyways, its a good starting point, I've tweaked up the tune for more fuel where it needed it and less where it didn't so hopefully it should be pretty close now, then we'll see what it runs, with the rough weight and wheel HP we are hoping to see it do a mid 7 over the 1/8th! its PB is 9.01!

I looked, there is nothing there?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Holden202T wrote:we got her on the dyno today, didn't do a lot of tuning as the cost was $250 per hour!!

but we mainly wanted to get a run up and make sure it wasn't lean or anything and then go from there. We did make some minor changes to fuel and spark, its way rich below 3000rpm, and then was just slightly on the lean side in the top end. it was missing a bit and the dyno guy reckons we probably need to slow the plug gaps and add some timing over 4000rpm.

Its pretty much on the limit of the 80lb injectors, 12-13psi and methanol, but its safe and all worked as we hoped, made a best of 353hp at wheels!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qnRisnMK0[/youtube]

hoping for some better results next time at the strip now!
Try here...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...