304 turbo engine vids

Post any other rides you have here
delcowizzid

304 turbo engine vids

Post by delcowizzid »

couple of links to watch of the turbo vn 304 i just rebuilt and fired up for the first time today man what a different ride with a proper turbo cam profile and no smashed pistons in it man it runs great and sounds horny as hell its never sounded like that ever since the guy owned it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ouPT57xoQ running in the cam at 2000rpm for 20+ minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OFbbsOIDYc 1000rpm idle and small free rev 10% tps rev
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: 304 turbo engine vids

Post by Dec_head »

Whats that ticking noise that sounds like a dudd lifter or exhaust leak maybe ?
Looks like something out of madmax that stealth intake manifold awesome .
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah we have a major exhaust leak i think the head gaskets were thicker and its thrown the whole manifold and crossover alignment out a bit sounds horrible
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

whats the go with all the coils ? what setup is it running ? (i assume they are coils on the tappet covers ?)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

if you look over on the JC thread for it, http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/v8- ... bo-v8.html
hes running a link ecu to drive all those coils.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah link G3 ecu running the coils in wasted spark mode they fire in pairs shes pretty much run in now nearly time to wind up the wick it comes onto boost easy now so im guessing its gonna go great :mrgreen:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nearly run in .... wtf how many kms have you done in a few days!!

i have done 1100kms from friday to sunday arvo and thats damn long time in the car!!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

just finished installing a B&M performance street/strip shiftkit in the T400 to try get it to change to 2nd faster takes forever to change and hits the limiter if you dont lift off the gas on the gearchange just need some more trans fluid before we go try it out :mrgreen: its done nearly 300km allready will go do another 100 tonight and shes time to wind up the boost it has seen a little allready :shh: feels strong as now just fixed the exhaust leaks changed oil and filter and installed the real aircleaner and pipework
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well inlet and one head is off blown headgasket :mrgreen: time for some MLS or copper ones and we are rebuilding the crossover and shit to hopefully stop the manifolds glowing red all the time and stop exhaust gas returning into the engine via the exhaust valves so we can up the timing some.allso did some more tuning on another vr turbo with ecotec turbo in it today heres a vid :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tfULJbkje8 goes damn hard with the new smaller turbo on it
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you do know your doing to have to go home one of these days don't you :P