Our other rides....

Post any other rides you have here
Holden202T

Our other rides....

Post by Holden202T »

Well this is sorta my ride, my better half normally drives it ... but whats mine is hers and whats hers is mine :)
P1000097.jpg
P1000097.jpg (80.3 KiB) Viewed 6088 times
pretty much just a bog stock 2006 VZ SV6 Ute, has the 190kw Alloytec and 5 speed auto with the steering wheel paddles .... i lowered the back so it didn't look stupid and then we pretty much just drive it!
hopefully in a few years time when its out of warranty i might look into VCM Suite for it ... to unleash some potential which i know it has!
Holden202T

Re: Our other rides....

Post by Holden202T »

well going of the date of the above post its only been nearly 2 years :P

Over christmas i purchased HP Tuners VCM Suite for the Ute. Marie bought a new car for herself so i have the ute back all the time now so i thought no better time to start having a play with it. (was just no time to do much when she was driving it most of the time)

So anyways, its going to be a steep learning curve, not only is the ute MAF based (which i have done very little tuning with) but its also got 4 variable cams and electronic throttle control so theres alot to get my head around.

One thing i do like is that its fitted with wideband oxygen sensors in each bank and they are in the data stream so no need for external widband etc.

I will update with any progress as i go, at the moment just working on dialing in the fuel trims and removing some of the torque management stuff that i can. If i can improve fuel economy a bit i will be happy .... at the end of the day, its just a standard car and i have no plans to change much other than maybe a cold air intake and also looking at maybe a 3.08 diff out of an SS or something .... the ute has a 2.87 in it as standard :wtf:
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LMAO, Just sent you a email about this!

There some info in the HP Tuners repository! & there forum(but it's not as good as this forum!!!!).
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

honestly the HP tuners forum and repository hasn't been much help to me as theres either stock tunes on there or the few that are changed are for the 175kw motor not the 190kw!

And as far as the forums go, it seems 99% of the people on there are playing with LSx engines ... also doesn't help that the definitions for 190kw motors arn't that well defined, i know in time they will bring out updates which will be more populated, but until that happens its a bit limiting in what can be changed.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Use the search function on hp tuner forum & search for a user bigdaddycool, he seems to be the 1 the has tried a few things & posted a bit, some of it sill but get's you started!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i've been speaking to him a bit via emails and i've checked out the tunes hes posted!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

bigdaddyfail is he still round i remember him from JC'S lol "If you remove the TB you'll see there's a U shaped ditch inside the front........ what I did was got a really big strong drill bit and smoothed our the surrounding walls and turned the U shaped ditch into more of a O so it's nice and smooth"
search his name on jc's before taking his advice im sure he said his car went faster cause he painted his engine covers and gained power cause it helped with heat LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LMAO, Imagine if he had of painted it red, at least another 10% more power & torque! :lol: