delco and the girls new. ride

Post any other rides you have here
delcowizzid

Re: delco and the girls new. ride

Post by delcowizzid »

It's a Nalder and biddle built in nz some time around 1979-80s it was advertised as 79 but it could possibly be newer. Thick as solid grp hull built strong. Engines I think 1986 model 200hp aqad41 straight 6 Volvo turbo deisel with dp290 duo-prop Penta leg. Bought it will the leg as an unknown can't select gears it's locked up from sitting for at least 2 years and was so covered in mussels and other sea creatures you couldn't tell if it still even had a leg lol it also won't stear left of right but luckily it was in the straight ahead position .were told engine was run the week before we looked at it but never heard it go.for the price we took the risk after pricing up a replacement leg as worst case scenario.got towed home at 6 knots took about an hour to get to our Marina berth by the time we got thete we could see it had a leg and propellers still under there it's a good sign lol.plugged in the charger for a couple of hours while checking it over and cleaning it out then hit the key vroom fired straight up on all 6 no smoke no noises gave it a little rev to get the alternator charging and low and behold it lurched forward both props spinning and it's jammed in foward gear guess it's gonna be an easy quick fix .just waiting for it to get lifted out on Thursday waterblast the hull 're antifoul remove the leg free up the gear lever and cable and stearing fork fit two new bellows two pin bushes oil change and refit
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

[youtube]https://youtube.com/v=ahKlR7TedE4[/youtube]
Should be seeing boost above 20psi so I hear :-)
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Link looks broken mate
Thought this was a delcowizzid ride should be pushing 40psi and 7000rpm on a delco by now haha
Sounds like it should be a pretty good score if all it needs is a bit of unsiezing with added bonus of a free feed of muscles
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Fixed link
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

engine looks nice and clean too on the outside!

not sure about the camera work though ;)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Engine is like New had $38000 spent on rebuilding it 500 hours ago lol. It's out now just finished waterblasting it. The leg is pretty bad the shaft the props are on is missing the threaded end the the big nut goes on to hold the props on the anodes are nearly totally gone and the legs started to get eaten in places. If the shaft wasn't borked it would all be reusable. Just had a shower was covered in sealife and soaked through time to go pull the leg off so I can bring it home for teardown
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

been slack on the updates will be a big post in a couple of days shes back in the water and cruising already clocked up over 10 hours on the engine found a few easy fixes spent a bit of coin on maintanance parts
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Caught any fish yet?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hell yeah its been out fishing every nice day lol
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

video doesn't play. All other youtube videos do, just not that one.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.