cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Re: delco and the girls new. ride

Post by jenko »

missed this one very nice :thumbup:
wonder if 12p could run common rail injection?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

12p doesn't have sequential but possibly the1s enhanced play with eoi to get it to inject correctly prob have to use a driver box for current flow and use the flex ouput to control rail pressure. Possible bit of work though
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

so heres what we found when it came out and got cleaned shaft snapped off here props electrolysis welded itself on solid LOL
and a lot of the transom sheild eaten away as well
few days sanding off rough as guts antifoul from the last people who just been slapping it on with no prep about a week all up
and here she is with fresh undies on looks smart
after much bashing and heating we finally got one pin that holds the leg on out and cut the other one with the 1 mill cutoff to get the leg off took much heating and more bashing to get the cut one out later
got the leg home the whole lower leg was past a simple quick fix so found a single prop leg on trademe.co.nz newzealands ebay for 1500 bucks sandblasted the old leg split the old in half and married the top section to the new lower also etched painted and fully rubberised the leg during assembly to seal and insulate it from stray currents
bought some bushes for 7 bucks and a whole set of anodes 2 new bellows and got a new stainless pin made and smashed it back on with a $100 second hand prop off trademe that just happened to be on there didnt care about pitch or diametre just had to fit and go round LOL
had the boat survey guys look her over and got her back in the water after 10 days on land and under 2500 spent .now worth double what we paid for it .first trip out we couldnt get past 1500 rpm and thought the prop was just totally wrong we cruised for days living with it not to worried about speed untill i went to give the engine an oil change (98 bucks of penrite goodness later :shh: and a guenuine 70 dollar volvo filter lol) at that time i found the banjo bolt that joins the boost reference hose for the pump the the inlet manifold was just sitting in the hole with no thread in the manifold to screw into thought yes thats gonna make it a rocket.nope gained us 500rpm if that lol.bought a new prop going off the rpm we could reach and hadnt got round to fitting it and were out one day and pushed the stick hard and gained 100rpm more than normal so i lent on it good and bang a split pin on the cable end was jamming in the lever all of a sudden we had twice as much throttle and 3500rpm now doubling our top speed to 10 knots flat out LOL so as you can guess i now have a brandnew prop that doesnt suit at all :wall: finally got the guy to swap me props for just coriour costs but first i thought ide ring another prop pro as i wasnt happy at how much blade area i was loosing with the swap.turns out the prop i was sold would of been shit no matter what pitch i had it in and shouldnt of ever been sold it for a 5 ton bohemoth now trying to get the correct one.all up we pretty happy so far its sitting in the marina goes out a few times a week for hours on end all insured for 38k everything onboard working apart from the fridge and freezer needing a recharge of r134a the engine compressor runs and it gets slightly cold but needs a few diy recharge kits smashed in it after no use for years
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

plenty of hard work gone on, but looks like you've also have a lot of easy fixes to make it a very good buy :)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Thats awesome delcowizzid, nice work on getting the old girl out cruising the high seas again.
jenko
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

great work ,those props can be trickyto find the right one
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah can't wait for a decient prop its like driving a potato trying to park it in the berth lol.little to no reverse thrust and doesn't thrust steer at all so have to drive it in perfect there's no pulling the arse over with reverse lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
jenko
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

this might be useful to you haven't finished it completely but you might want to add something
Attachments
propeller pitch calculator.xlsx
(34.17 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

cheers for that jenko had a quick look will plot some new figures tomorrow i bit the bullet and fitted the 15.5x17 prop today will get it out on the water tomorrow seems to grip well with the boat tied up and steers more in reverse so fingers crossed
14976521_10205983925311851_8710589339608613199_o.jpg
14940123_10205983925271850_6657286131790516065_o.jpg
15025591_10205983925231849_8867950907117458950_o.jpg
15016177_10205983940512231_2788672495948917812_o.jpg
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well ive gained 1knot at low rpm and 1.7 knots at higher rpm but revs now capped at 3200 so lost 300+ rpm at wot.so smooth compared to the old ancient unbalanced POS lol steers straighter doesnt wander so much drives nicer torque steers worse than before easy to turn left hard to turn right still not a lot of reverse but i didnt expect any extra looking at the blade shape still easier to park though.guess its time to look at fuel delivery it should really be huffing a bit of black labouring at wot but its clean as out the back. also have to rig up a boost gauge and see if its even getting boost cause i was recommended a 15.5x21 prop and it wont even rev out with the 15.5x17 lol in neutral she will rev clean to 5000 so would seem it has the fuel