cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: My Daily, 75 HJ Ute

Post by vlad01 »

Dazza92VP wrote:
Charlescrown wrote: I suppose it might be OK with a few mods and sound better than a 202.
Don't let holden202t see that mate looking for a ban there :lol:

lol, I know what holden202t will say about the sound and I would agree.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

HQ355 wrote:I've seen and (been) in a few quick 2fluffy3's I think they got there bad name in the 90's early 00's when there were heaps of stroker cranks for 304's. They are one of the toughest sounding V8's around, many a bloke has been embarrassed by the noise they make ! Give me a 355 any day though
having driven a VB with 4 speed manual and 253 it was the slowest car I ever drove lol Mind you the engine was pretty worn, stuff all comp and cam was probably wiped clean like most 253, 308 engines I had dealt with.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Macca97
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects

Post by Macca97 »

253 is in and running, no oil pressure, primed the pump with gear oil/grease, pressurised the system, still nothing, pulled the pump off just to check everything, its on the max side of its tolerances, should still be ok though, sucked oil up through the pickup, not sucking air, now just put the pump back with a gut load of grease
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I know holden v8's are hard to get oil pressure with just cranking revs, but it should when it fires up ?
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

thats what we thought, but it fired and still nothing, got the pump back on with loads of grease in it, fired, 45psi straight up, settled to 40 once the grease thined out, now the lower cover gasket we cut is leaking, so will put another one on tomorrow,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
brindo

Post by brindo »

Vaseline used to be to go for packing Holden V8 oil pumps with. The gasket between the pick up and the sump can be problematic, but sounds like you have it sorted.

And there is a knack to getting those timing covers on, but no one knows what it is. I have just removed the timing cover on my engine and was lucky it went straight on. Much easier to do with the engine out and sump off.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

sweet, good to hear its finally happy!

yeah I did timing set on my 304 in the car, its got a minor leak on the timing cover now!
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

all fixed and driving, n16 pulsar themo fans keep it in the temp range, soon as they come on the gauge starts to drop, big alloy radiator would be helping aswell, went or a drive around the block (our block is 9ks), stupidly loud, seems to be running ok, idle oil pressure is around 30psi, and it just goes up from there, saw 75psi with a big rev, will go get an exhaust done at 2pm today, just a twin 2 1/4,
Macca97

Post by Macca97 »

exhaust sounds great, not loud but also not quiet, the pulsar fans kept it cool, while sitting at the lights in 45degree heat, great little combo with the close ratio m21, 1st is a pain sometime being quite tall, but can putt around town with easy, has more low down torque than the 6 which is what i wanted,

when cruising is was dieing after 2500rpm, fixed that pretty quickly, dwell was on 21, now up to 30, runs alot better, new plugs and points, should help now aswell,
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

top job mate sounds great. love to see some pics of the old 253 nestled in there :)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.