Mamba's wifes Holden EK & VZ Berlina

Post any other rides you have here
Holden202T

Re: Mamba's wifes Holden EK & VZ Berlina

Post by Holden202T »

you can fix the hood lining dodgy but simple ... stapler, open it out and just staple into the cupboard under the lining .... it looks dodgy but its better than having the hoodlining rubbing on your head!
Mamba
cars: 1995 Holden Commodore VS Wagon
2006 Holden Berlina VZ Wagon

Post by Mamba »

haha.....that is exactly what I did. :D .... but I didn't want to mention it because I also thought it was dodgy...too dodgy for this board!!..you all know what you are doing and do it very well :thumbup: ....
Last edited by Mamba on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Using spray contact adhesive works as well .
Mamba

Post by Mamba »

sounds good, some of the staples are falling out and the entire roof lining is now covered in staples.....wasn't sure they would work so only did a small area above the driver and passenger seats, knowing I'm not alone doing this good,

...but how do you use the spray adhesive to fix it?? sorry to sound stupid but I would like to do it properly....thanks.....
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

I have pulled it back a bit around the edges and used a wd40 type nossle to get up in there with. some of them the foam is deteriorated pretty bad between the cardboard and lining that it needs a good soaking or removal before it will stick properly.
Try a little at a time you'll soon get the hang of it running the palm of your hand over to try and smooth it out where glued.

Be careful removing the plastic trim firm but even levering pressure whilst wiggling worked for me.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you want to fix it properly you need to remove the whole thing, take all the cloth off it and then remove all the fucked foam then put the glue on and the cloth back on ..... thats if you want to do it properly :D
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Yeah lovely job recovered in new material in my sedan no foam crap it was a bit of a mission to get in and out but it looks great and will never have the same issue again.
Being a wagon though it might be a lot easier to get the lot out through the back door.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Heres a bit of a guide you might be interested in http://www.classic-car-restorer-and-tra ... wagon.html
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha bloody roofs mine is just all steel now ripped it straight out only velcroed in but mine had been destroyed by water was like wet cardboard .racecar spec is cool its ready for a cage :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Mamba

Post by Mamba »

Thanks guys and thanks for the link Dec_head....I'll try each one it turn and depending on how bad I may screw each one up, I'll go with delcowizids idea...rip it all off!!....