VS Commodore: Sedan/4x4/Rescue car/Cruiser

Post any other rides you have here
Streetholden
cars: VH, VK, VS, VU

VS Commodore: Sedan/4x4/Rescue car/Cruiser

Post by Streetholden »

Thought i might chuck up one of the cars, the one im planing to do some delco mods to.

1996 Holden VS Commodore Series 2 Sedan
Engine mods: CAI
Manifold cleaned out once a fortnight
Lukey 2.3" cat back exhaust

Future mods:
Rebuild with ACL Flat tops
LSD (diff needs a rebuild hardcore right now)
Cam and heads
Want S/C but may be leaning towards a turbo
Currently slowly going through the interior painting bits
Clubsport (VS) body kit
Paint complete car black
Last edited by Streetholden on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: VS Commodore: Sedan/4x4/Rescue car/Cruiser

Post by Dec_head »

I always preferred belting a car through the bush over a 4wd when i was younger they were always a lot smoother and quicker.
These days with ifs and irs 4x4 though surely things have improved.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

:lol: that ute is pretty well up to the sills hey :P

that map doesn't mean much to me, is it all offroad ?

do us a favour, lower the front too!!
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

And if you are going supercharged or turbo at a later date you really want to lower the compression not up it with flat tops.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Oh we were going extremely slow, started off like a normal track we would take. Then it got alot worse.

As for the lower the front, mates idea (ute owner) was to ad rocks for the last photos:

If your keen for a read about the 4x4 experience through that track:
http://se4x4.com.au/forum/index.php?/to ... te-forest/
Let me tell you my 4x4 story that happened last night. Please not we were driving a VS commodore, a tad lower then stock height.

So i get home from donation blood, meet up with my mate and had a plan to go out Kilcoy way again for the hell of it. So we got out there and started thinking now what? We saw a sign saying "Jimna". We said fuck it and headed out there. So got abit worried when we say that the next servo is 130km away.

We followed that road for a good while, then suddenly a sign to the right said "Woodfood". Another "fuck it" decision. Got to the entrance to the road, looked better then some of the shit we had driven on before, and followed it for a good while. Started getting rougher and rougher. Then started getting narrower. We started freaking abit when we saw all this monster ruts.

So naturally me being the passenger on this trip, i had to get out and scope out up ahead. By fuck it was cold!
Shit, millions of huge arse ruts! So i started guiding my mate through, got narrower and narrower. Ruts got bigger.
We had to pull up because, whilst engine braking, the brakes were about to start glowing. Turn car off, quick durrie and went for a walk to have alook further.
It was shit loads worse. Once again a "fuck it, not guts no glory". Traveling at 40km/h through it all bottomed out a few times came EXTREMELY close to sliding of the edge a few times. It had just been raining you see, was still abit slippery. Whilst talking we figure if we had the 4x4 and going at the same speeds we were going for most of it, not the ruts speed, the body roll would just put you straight of the edge.

Finally got down the bottom and almost hit a deer. Well thats my story. 1 pic and a video for the troubles and a epic story no one believes we did.
Last edited by Streetholden on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Dec_head wrote:And if you are going supercharged or turbo at a later date you really want to lower the compression not up it with flat tops.
Im well aware of that, heard alot of stories. It needs a rebuild nowish tho, and to do the turbo/sc id want to get harden internals. But that wont be for a long time just want to keep this engine alive for now. Im aware of a rear main leak atm so i figure give it a rebuild kit aswell.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Ah good always a good idea to do some research when building an engine seen some people spend a lot of money on some odball combinations and lose power.

i like the bushrock lowering kit lol
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Yea i have to agree. Their are some idiots out there that dont think. I have stacks and stacks of notebooks full of combos for future builds with different bodies, engines and mods. I like to plan everything before going ahead, sometimes :P

I figure the bushrock was a better idea then fat chicks XD
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

definitely fat chicks can leave a bad smell behind . :lol:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

:lol:

thats a very un-economical way of lowering your car :P