Ida Pro help

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
ejukated

Re: Ida Pro help

Post by ejukated »

Thanks Antus, i remember reading a tip similar but its good to have a reference all in the once place. Its been a LONG time since I've done this so its going to take me a while to get going...
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

in the past i wrote some scripts to amalgamate the idc files, the only problem was that not all of the info in the database (maybe it was function comments?) would import back in properly.
Xnke

Post by Xnke »

The E-side/T-side stuff stands for Event and Timing, not engine/transmission. Confusion awaits those who head into a disassembly thinking the bin is only split for PCMs and not engine-only computers.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Oh thanks for that. Ours are engine and transmission so we had better not use the same terminology then! Ill edit my previous post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Xnke wrote:The E-side/T-side stuff stands for Event and Timing, not engine/transmission. Confusion awaits those who head into a disassembly thinking the bin is only split for PCMs and not engine-only computers.
although interestingly enough in the P66 PCMs the E-side does all the engine calcs, and the T-side runs the transmission, similar to how our 128k P6 PCMs have the engine code in the lower bank and the transmission code in the upper bank.
Xnke

Post by Xnke »

Yep. It's pure coincidence that it comes out that way-or GM would have you believe it is. I used to have the paper that called out the processors as Event and Timing, I think it was for the P66 V8 computers/LT-1 computer though.
Kaipyroami
cars: 15 WRX, 13 Impreza

Post by Kaipyroami »

This is a good overview of the process even though it has a Subaru focus.
http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6303