Starting to disassemble Euro Bin

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Re: Starting to disassemble Euro Bin

Post by slewinson »

Thanks. Will compare with my XDF in the morning. The addresses sound right. Did you ever manage to talk to the ECU?

Simon
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

I don't recall communicating with this ECM. From memory our job was to fix a no start condition so the memcal was read with a plan to disable VATs to see if the problem was a security issue. The job was not completed.
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Thanks. Mine has the immo disabled - when I spoke to a tech at Injectronics he said that Holden appears to have loads of problems with it and were removing it. The immo communicates with the ECU via the VSS line, sending 2 blocks of data. I am getting a VSS error and have bridged out the immo without any starting issues.

Simon
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

slewinson wrote:
Thanks Yoda, I am starting to get a feel for what it does. Nowhere near what VL400 and the others know.

In a previous post you uploaded a page from a workshop manual. Dont suppose you have wiring diagrams for the 97 Barina? I have a really crappy set from a Haynes manual that does not closely reflect reality. Trying to locate the transmission computer and if it interconnects to the ECU.

Simon
What engine do you have fitted? I assume it's either the C14NZ or C14SE.
Given your talking about communication with the transmission I'll also assume it's an Auto.
From what I can see there appears to be 3 wires that go from the auto trans to the ECU, a red with yellow stripe, green and a red with black stripe. Depending on which engine is fitted will depend on which terminals they're fitted to. I'm not sure what these wires are for.
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

C14SE with AF13II trans. 1997 Barina SB. I cannot even locate the trans computer (passenger airbag is occupying the usual spot above the glovebox) but will look for those wires on the ECU. They are normally load and RPM to the trans computer and a shift retard signal back if my memory serves correctly.

Simon
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

OK, transmission controller should be located under the centre console towards the front of the vehicle.
The connector between the engine and the transmission should be located in the centre of the engine bay on top of the trans and is a 5 pin flat connector.
Red/yellow wire goes from Pin D7 of engine ECU to Pin 13 on the Transmission Controller, should be Pin A on the 5 pin connector in the engine bay.
Red/black wire goes from Pin B5 of engine ECU to Pin 25 on the Transmission Controller, should be Pin C on the 5 pin connector in the engine bay.
Green wire goes from Pin C2 of engine ECU and is shared with the instruments and goes to Pin 29 on the Transmission Controller, should be Pin B on the 5 pin connector in the engine bay.

Hope this helps.
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Thanks. will have a look tomorrow morning. Thought that was where the airbag controlelr lived.
Simon
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Managed to borrow a fluke scopemeter and had a poke around my ECU.

AN1 unused, AN2 MAP,AN3 O2, AN4 Octane plug
AN5 TPS, AN6 Coolant Temp, AN7 Intake Air Temp, AN8 unused

PG0/1 IACV
PG5 fuel pump
PA1 VSS
PA7 crank sensor (60-2 I think)

Are these channel mappings the same as other ECUs?

I measured 5V pulses for the crank sensor, but the VSS pin was barely 2V p-p. I suspect that the buffer chip is stuffed and this is the cause of my code 24.

Simon
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

OPCOM clone just arrived and can talk to the ECU. Looks like KW81 is the protocol used, which explains the lack of recognisable ALDL code in the EPROM.
Shows a number of codes present but the ECU refuses to clear them, just the same as disconnecting the ECU. Looks like they are stored in EEPROM. Lucky I have another ECU in the mail today.

Thanks to VL400 for the assistance in starting to understand the code. I will post my partial disassembly as soon as I have done a bit more cleaning up.

Simon
slewinson
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Latest version of disassembly and xdf. Would love some assistance in identifying more of the variables, lookup tables and maps.
CBXD.asm
CBXD.xdf
Simon