GM E38 E67 E40 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: GM E38 E67 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Post by Tazzi »

julespatch wrote:E38 files load up with the option but E40 doesn't have it in my version anyway
Huh... I wonder if its cause the E40 is just absolute bullshit for saving to flash.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I apologize, I just noticed the 2006 file I looked at was a p59 and not an e40 so ignore those addresses I posted. I do have ONE e40 for bench use and am glad to help if I can. It wouldn't take long to get it up and running on the bench.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

All good guys thanks, they sent the car out. We could try a few if it's worthwhile knowing how to do it in the future. I don't have any of them lying around to test on
ScarabEpic22
cars: TrailBlazer SS E67 LS2, Sonic E78 LUV

Post by ScarabEpic22 »

Hi Tazzi, just read the whole thread on this, great work! I've been tuning E67s for a while now and want to dig into the world of hex and open source tools. Mainly to try and find a few parameters that aren't readily available.

I'm happy to help with the ongoing E67 work both in a vehicle and bench (have multiple controllers with different service #s), also have an E38 that I can read/flash on the bench as well (eventually it'll go in a car when I find a new project car). When the time comes for other controllers, I've got an E78 car as well if that'd help develop the kernel for read/flash those.

I've been using a Mongoose Pro GM 2 with SPS/TDS and an OBDLink EX cable that seems to work great for 1x speed on VPW w/PCM Hammer (not sure it'll do 4x). How are you providing licenses and could I obtain a license to NEF in order to grab the bins from my controllers?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Currently Im busy working on the next tool for OBDX Pro to be used with future softwares so I have this project on pause.

Programming for E38 and E67 is completed. ECUs Iv stripped apart and starting working with including E37,E69, E39, E41,E92, E98 and a few others. Basically getting a bit of a feel for all of them to see what CPU and memory they all have, since overlap between similar/same processors make development MUCH faster. As soon as I have the new tool completed, Ill be back to working onto this.
xadonxander
cars: 328i, 325xi, 335i, polaris slingshot, volvo v70

Post by xadonxander »

I just found this site. I will be a regular here now. I am working on a 2009 corvette with the e38 pcm. I normally work on BMW, Ferrari, and Lamborghini where I have done extensive work with their ECU's. I have ktag, kess, carprog, several various VCI's. I am willing to help out. HPTuners has bricked 2 PCM's so far.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

If you're bricking pcms you're doing something wrong, not a software fault.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

julespatch wrote:If you're bricking pcms you're doing something wrong, not a software fault.
Usually caused by full writes on incompatible hardware/OS's which results in a brick. :wtf:
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

you still looking for e40 testing?
Vampyre
cars: grand am, trans am

Post by Vampyre »

Ive also got access to almost any ecm out there so if you need testers let me know