GM E38 E67 E40 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: GM E38 E67 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote:Is TC = TunerCat?

If the transmission type is changed does it actually change any logic in calibration or is it purely a description change for the transmission type.
It would likely do something.

I know when Im doing conversion programming on VE/VF, the configuration must match the rest of the vehicle otherwise it throws faults on screen. Ie.. if the car is a LS3, M10 Manual, then the whole car needs to know its equipped with exactly that and no module can be conflicting.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

i can't see how it storing that in the system area of the ecm code that other modules would care though..
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I don't know if the trans type in the ecu changes any logic. I did a 2008 corvette drivetrain in a Fisker and the stock cal said it was a 5l40e and pretty sure it wasn't, lol. I haven't done much swap stuff so I don't know exactly what you're up against but I would think if you put in the correct diagnostics settings in the ecm cal for the 6L80e it would be a good start. I'll do what I can to help. I have lots of files.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

Hey Tazzi, any updates ready mate?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote:i can't see how it storing that in the system area of the ecm code that other modules would care though..
In VE /VF and Global A vehicles, they check and also broadcast their 'configuration' between one another. For example, even though the 'engine type' doesn't necessarily mean its critically important for something like an EBCM (electronic brake control module), it still validates the configuration it has matches everything else in the car, same goes for the ECU, cluster ect.

This is why when workshops do a auto to manual or V6 to V8 conversion on the VE/VFs, it results in a bunch of errors on screen since the modules detect the configuration is no longer matching between everything.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

julespatch wrote:Hey Tazzi, any updates ready mate?
Not touched a line of coding for it unfortunately.
Things have been stupid here. Iv been doing stupid amount module reprogramming and also wiring harnesses for radio conversions which eat through my days :thumbdown:

Have actually started looking at merging my company with another so I can be full time development/reverse engineering.. since well.. this is what I excel at.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

ahh nice, that sounds exciting for ya :)
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

In-Tech wrote:I don't know if the trans type in the ecu changes any logic. I did a 2008 corvette drivetrain in a Fisker and the stock cal said it was a 5l40e and pretty sure it wasn't, lol. I haven't done much swap stuff so I don't know exactly what you're up against but I would think if you put in the correct diagnostics settings in the ecm cal for the 6L80e it would be a good start. I'll do what I can to help. I have lots of files.
I need to pull the bin file from a 12612381 based os tomorrow, that's the earliest os/car combo we got locally that had the e38/t43 combo.

Then i need to try and work out the locations of the values to create a cax file for efilive to play with & i'll be honest i often have no idea what im looking for. lol

Is there any decent software avail to debug or decompile it so you can see how it all ties togethor, all most flow-chart ish. IDA or something else?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

and here's one that you requested earlier.. Neither of these are mine, I just find em and save em.. Need to find a better way of saving them though, here, there, and everywhere.. and a naming convention that makes sense, lol..
Attachments
2008.G8.12624402.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

ironduke wrote:Neither of these are mine, I just find em and save em.. Need to find a better way of saving them though, here, there, and everywhere.. and a naming convention that makes sense, lol..
I feel ya, shoot I bet we all have file displacia (sp) :lol: They all started in one folder till that got crazy, then sorted by customer name, then customer name and vehicle type, then year/make/model/customer...now trying to include OS. It's a pain in the...organizing :wtf: :wall: