Colorado / H3 BCM hacking

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Gatecrasher

Re: Colorado / H3 BCM hacking

Post by Gatecrasher »

You need to acknowledge receipt of the data by sending back 76 01 78 before the BCM will agree to send more.
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

Gatecrasher wrote:You need to acknowledge receipt of the data by sending back 76 01 78 before the BCM will agree to send more.
Thank you. That worked perfectly.
bbmike
cars: Too many!!

Post by bbmike »

04colyZQ8 wrote:So clearly pin 11 data out of the rf receiver goes to the processor.. but I tried to trace it and nothing pinged off the processor pins with the multi meter on the 2009 board.

I really want to find what module this goes to see the way the processor receives the key fob remote I have one with a trunk button. I want to get its signal to lock the tailgate!

How does the OS send a signal to the processor to upload data from the registers? Is it first controlled via a MUX, then the data outputted into a register?

Is that the right part in the picture? I thought they used the TDA5211.
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

bbmike wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote:So clearly pin 11 data out of the rf receiver goes to the processor.. but I tried to trace it and nothing pinged off the processor pins with the multi meter on the 2009 board.

I really want to find what module this goes to see the way the processor receives the key fob remote I have one with a trunk button. I want to get its signal to lock the tailgate!

How does the OS send a signal to the processor to upload data from the registers? Is it first controlled via a MUX, then the data outputted into a register?

Is that the right part in the picture? I thought they used the TDA5211.

right it was wrong idk.. what happened found correct diagram data out on pin 25, goes to GIOB pin on processor!

Dumped GIO Registres while pressing key fob, no real change, compared to not pressing the button.

How can I dump what the processors seeing for this exact pin? I want to see data stream being sent from the rf chip, to the ,main processor?

I want GIO pin[5], the entire register is 200 h so 200/34 (total GIO pins) = 5.8 so 5x pin 5 is 25, so shouldn't GIO[5] be close to address FFF7_BC25 ?
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

That's not how it works. There's a lot of other registers in there. This is from the TMS470R1x. It doesn't match up to the TMS470P. I'm just showing it so you have an idea of what else is would be in that range.
GIOReg.jpg
GIOReg.jpg (165.67 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
Direction registers, interrupt registers, etc. It's a lot more than just a bunch of on/off bits. That's why it's so frustrating to not have the full TMS470P user's manual.

Besides that, it's going to be some kind of series of data bytes rather than a simple on/off. And it'll be mixed in with the TPMS data. And it'll use a rolling code to help mitigate relay attacks. And....yeah. It's complicated.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I see well, it’s likely not to different than the other tms470, just a different offset.

I need to write a few test programs abs upload to ram for sanity check.

Can I simply send a bin file of the assembly language to the same address in ram, that the first chunk
Of kernel is sent to?

Will the system pointer start there, and if a valid inspection is found, execute my code?

I just want to do this : pseudo code ..
Move 104h to register r1
Move r1 to 0x800010

This should write 104 in hex to the start of ram that has the bcm s/n and I can fix that later, just want to see that I can get something to happen.

Or do I have to contend with mr watch dog?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

It will be better to test upload and execute mode first [mode 36 80]. That way you will know for sure the code is executed on demand.

For example the code you have seem good for a start, just add a return at the end. The ultimate test will be to make a code that will do some math and store the result to specific address. Than when you read it, you can confirm the code was actually executed.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

kur4o wrote:It will be better to test upload and execute mode first [mode 36 80]. That way you will know for sure the code is executed on demand.

For example the code you have seem good for a start, just add a return at the end. The ultimate test will be to make a code that will do some math and store the result to specific address. Than when you read it, you can confirm the code was actually executed.
OK, thanks

made a huge discovery last night! found the watchdog

void Watchdog_Scratch_loop(void)

{
undefined *Watchdog_DWKEY_PTR;

Watchdog_DWKEY_PTR = PTR_DWKEY_CPU_Location_fffff_....;
*(undefined4 *)PTR_DWKEY_CPU_Location_fffff_.... = Watch_dog_DWD;
*(undefined4 *)Watchdog_DWKEY_PTR = Watch_dog_DW_KEY;
CLS2_MODE_76_msg_wrapper();
return;
}
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

kur4o wrote:It will be better to test upload and execute mode first [mode 36 80]. That way you will know for sure the code is executed on demand.

What do I put as a return address?

Ok great what’s a sample 36 80 line of code,

I still don’t understand the entire format ..
6C 40 F0 36 00 01 08 00 00 00 my co de is (16 bit checksum goes here)

So if I send 8 bits or 1 byte, that’s the part right after 36 right? Then the bcm address ram 800000, but how many leading zeros? Then my code, then a block checksum? How to calculate the checksum?

Do you have a 36 80 example?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

6C 40 F0 36 00 01 08 00 00 00

6C 40 F0 36 80 01 08 00 00 00 ...data...[block checksum]

If you are unsure how to calculate block checksum. Post the message you want to send and I will fix it for you.