Cluster Dump Checksum

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Custer Dump Checksum

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ken wrote:Been playing around with dash's myself lately, though only after attempting to get an VY auto dash working on a manual, and not knowing it's origins, brought me undone with the SRS, seems it may be off a ute.
Had my son buy the srs diag gear from tazzi.
Then proceeded to pull chips from spare dash's to dump them.
Starting with a Gen3 Maloo dash, is the checksum calc'd in these too.
VYGen3R8.bin

Hey Ken,
It's been a while since I played with the VY-VZ clusters in depth but from memory I happily changed 1 byte at a time & dash never had a spazz, so I don't think they had checksums. It looks like that file you supplied is set for 4 airbags & odometre is around 195,000(ish)? There is a xdf I made for those dashes floating around here & have other bin files you can try on it if you want.
Ken

Post by Ken »

VX L67 Getrag wrote: Hey Ken,
It's been a while since I played with the VY-VZ clusters in depth but from memory I happily changed 1 byte at a time & dash never had a spazz, so I don't think they had checksums. It looks like that file you supplied is set for 4 airbags & odometre is around 195,000(ish)? There is a xdf I made for those dashes floating around here & have other bin files you can try on it if you want.
OK so no checksum, thanks.
Yeah I did some extensive searching before diving in and found the XDF you'd posted thanks, just didn't find mention of CRC check, figured I'd ask.
I soldered the chip off the other dash to his red one in his SS, seems it's series two, his cars an 02 series one, fuel gauge is reversed and tacho seems to need a setting changed.
I'll keep chipping away at it, and sorry for hijacking the thread with a different model cluster.
Thanks.
L2SRS.png
L2SRS.png (5.16 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

ahh yeah o.k. I never added the fuel gauge fix to the xdf, I haven't compared the series1 & series2 for the guage section but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I think the tacho PPR should sort out your issue, can't remember off the top of my head but think v8 is 3 & v6 is 2 or vice versa.
mattyjf01

Post by mattyjf01 »

VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure why you have a link for that as it’s VE clusters… in this topic we were looking at VY-VZ.
mattyjf01

Post by mattyjf01 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Not sure why you have a link for that as it’s VE clusters… in this topic we were looking at VY-VZ.
Your first post was a Ve series 2 ?