Siemens MS45 (MPC555) Noob Help

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Raleigh3rd
cars: 2004 BMW 330ci
2000 Dodge Dakota 5.9L ('46 Ford Bodied)

Siemens MS45 (MPC555) Noob Help

Post by Raleigh3rd »

Please forgive my ignorance, I am very new to all of this, and trying to learn.

I have a BMW running a Siemens MS45.1 DME. I have a tuning program (TunerPro), factory .bin files and .xdf definition files. I have been doing some surface level tuning with success, but want to develop a better understanding of how this computer uses all of the different parameters. I really just want to be able to look up parameters from my tuning software and see how/when they are called. My tuning software gives me the hex address of the parameters.

I have downloaded IDA freeware, and Ghidra, but don't know how to use them! Here is what (I think) I know:

I have both full and partial .bin files. (1024KB and 116KB). I "believe" the full file is a complete read of the MPC, while the partial file is just the configurations.
The DME uses MPC555 processor (PowerPC) which I believe is 32bit.

I have some background in coding, but not a lot, and never with assembly or machine code. I am happy to learn as I go, but am at the point where I'm too dumb to get started.

Can someone please help point me in the right direction of appropriate information, how to's, or just help me get my files properly disassembled?