Anybody been able to remove 2011+ Mustang Ecu PATS systems?

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Anybody been able to remove 2011+ Mustang Ecu PATS syste

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Here's a link for info on that controller....

https://www.mod-files.com/original-file ... 2B684-CLB/
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Here's the Ford DSM file download for it too...
Attachments
HR3A-14C204-PE.ZIP
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 154 times
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Here's the Ford DSM file download for it too...
Im limited to what i can do here for that controller, Basically i have MDI, Tech2, VCXDiag, MPVI1 and MPVI2 but not Kess stuff.. I'm setup GM only really..
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Even with the 2014 controller have you tried earlier version of HPT & telling it what controller it is if it doesn't identify it?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I would be pretty sure PCMtec would be able to do it, surprised they haven't chimed in as they're on this forum.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Even with the 2014 controller have you tried earlier version of HPT & telling it what controller it is if it doesn't identify it?
Nah, So what it was, was I had been contacted by one of my wrecker customers who had just brought in a wrecked 2019 mustang and had a buyer lined up for conversion, asked if I could unlock it which I said id look into for them. That was the red one in picture.

However my local rod and customs workshop (who had also been in contact with my wrecker customer as they are in the same hotrod club) also had two rods sitting there with the Mustang 5l in them but no go as nobody they've spoken to could take on the job as apparently nobody could do it (Remove PATS - Why couldn't it be just as easy as VATS!!!)
Thats when I got a hold of Eric at HPT who has said he can do it once sent in. So this Ecu I've posted in picture with the PN and SN is actually a separate one from the 2019 one I was trying to read with the MPVI1 and couldnt, only the MPVI2.! haha
This one I haven't yet read, as my bench isn't setup for ford stuff.
However if anybody has any bench harness diagrams I could wire one up to read its current bin.

Although will be bagged up soon to go to Eric end of week
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

hsv08 wrote:* Can anybody explain why my S10 photos always end up sideways on here? Tried rotating and resaving in phone but doesnt affect the way it posts! SORRY!!
Sorry, the forum software is so old it doesnt understand the 'rotation' flag in the pics. So it processes the image how the data is stored in the file, start of the file = top of the pic, and it does not apply any rotation saved in the metadata. Theres a couple of ways to fix it, the easiest is jpegautorotate https://savolai.net/software/jpeg-autorotate/ It'll load the jpeg data, look at the rotation flag, physically shuffle the image data around in a lossless way, and clear the rotate flag. A forum upgrade is on the cards for the near to medium future though so hopefully thats the end of that. Im using the older legacy version of the rotate tool I think, its been a long time since I installed it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396