07-2013 GM BCM exploring

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
bertus76
cars: 1991 BMW 850Ci
2003 Chev Tahoe
2004 Chev Silverado, Cam, Headers, SAS coming and tuned by me
1983 Chev C1500 with tuned 6.0 with Cam and Headers
2001 Lotus 7 replica with SBC for now
1951 IH pick up, wifes project

07-2013 GM BCM exploring

Post by bertus76 »

Hello,

I want to apologize in advance for the stupid questions.

I'm trying to get into modifying the GM truck BCMs, assuming that the configuration is on the 93a66 eeprom, I managed to read out the eeproms of 4 different BCMs

I found the VINs, the characters are reversed in pairs with the last digit being a . I have been collecting these BCMs over the last few years, stupidly enough I only kept track of what vehicle they came from, not really how it was equipped.

How do I go about mapping these out? is there anything available to do so?

I would like to be able to adjust things like remote start duration (in combination with the ECM flash), fog light control, etc.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM exploring

Post by ironduke »

Ahh.. Eeprom read.. got it.. Looks like you read it in small endian and it's written in big endian?? Been awhile since I've done this myself but there was a setting I could change to get to read it correctly..
Not sure if the configuration is on the eeprom though, you mean like foglamps? remote vehicle start? etc??? Thsoe can be added after the fact if gm makesa kit for it and you can use gm sps programming to do it.. No idea if they program something else that then programs the eeprom but I kinda doubt it? More likely the eeprom is vin,immo, and maybe mileage?
anyways, shortcut to see the actual file a little cleaner.. in Neo select operations and then byteswap.. select swap bytes and words then click ok.. Should make it a little more readable..

Good luck..
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: 07-2013 GM BCM exploring

Post by Tazzi »

All those changes are inside of the BCMs flash memory. Eeprom holds items like VIN and mileage, it doesnt hold all the calibrations.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726