Evesdropping Software

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
kur4o

Re: Evesdropping Software

Post by kur4o »

The interface should switch to x4 mode once it see mode a1 request. If you have avt cable there is a script that can do it.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

ironduke wrote:If someone is capable of it then they really don’t need my poor example of programming to start with, lol..
You're right they don't :roll:, someday you'll figure out the reason they really do ... ;)
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:
ironduke wrote:If someone is capable of it then they really don’t need my poor example of programming to start with, lol..
You're right they don't :roll:, someday you'll figure out the reason they really do ... ;)
lmao, that's a little too cryptic, especially for me.. care to explain? pm is fine if you want to keep everyone else guessing as well??

kur40, my logger won't switch over.. I don't know if I could look for the 4x request to the ecm and then disconnect and reconnect at 4x speed?? op, can you post up the last message you see with my program?? Or does anyone else know the 4x command request for the pcm?? my 1 bench vpw ecu is at work until monday..
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

the flashing tool will send

xx fe yy a1 example[6c fe f0 a1]
xx=priority can vary
yy=tool id can vary

and all modules will switch immediately over to x4 mode.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

kur4o wrote:the flashing tool will send

xx fe yy a1 example[6c fe f0 a1]
xx=priority can vary
yy=tool id can vary

and all modules will switch immediately over to x4 mode.
Thanks kur4o, I ended up hooking up my plow truck for a little experimenting.. Uses the same example you gave for 4 x switching.. as long as sps does the same for the op then the code below should work for him..
Same usage but select vpw and it should switch back and forth between 1x and 4x as requested.. Might have to change how I look at 4x and 1x request but hopefully this works out of the box, easier than I thought it would be.
J2534.Logger.2.0.9.7z
(26.61 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
<<< This version looks for speed change with Contains.. searches whole line of data, not good as it could catch search string inside kernel by accident?
J2534.Logger.2.0.A.7z
(26.61 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
<<< this version uses Startswith when looking for speed change request. Should work fine and not accidently see request in the middle of a kernel.. Have not tested this version yet.. please give me feedback..
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

ironduke wrote:Mine needs to use a J2534 device though. I think if you had one of those you wouldn't be using a tech2 to program though..
Does it work with a VCX Nano? Those are $130ish and I believe they support J2534.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

I can't make promises but it should.. The read buffer is tiny on the nano but I read it line by line..

I do have a really old MDI clone that identifies as a nano, I'll try and get some logging testing done with that..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

NSFW wrote:
ironduke wrote:Mine needs to use a J2534 device though. I think if you had one of those you wouldn't be using a tech2 to program though..
Does it work with a VCX Nano? Those are $130ish and I believe they support J2534.
Joukoy's UP Logger probably does and it works awesome.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!