Sooo....latched airbag codes. B0051

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Gatecrasher

Sooo....latched airbag codes. B0051

Post by Gatecrasher »

Had a little oops at the off road park last weekend. Dropped the right side into a deep rut and triggered the roof airbags and belt pretensioners in my 09 H3. We didn't even come close to actually rolling, but the SDM panicked and blew the bags anyway. Lesson learned. Pull the fuse if I decide to do this again.

I've already got good used roof bags and seatbelts on the way, so that part is taken care of. I'll probably just send the SDM off to safetyrestore.com, but I figured it was worth asking if anyone knew of a trick to clear a latched B0051 at home.

It's worth mentioning that this generation of SDM is potted, so opening it up isn't an option.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Sooo....latched airbag codes. B0051

Post by ironduke »

How much for someone else to reset it? Found some pics showing where to cut out the potting to get access to the bdm pins, what part number do you have?
Gatecrasher

Re: Sooo....latched airbag codes. B0051

Post by Gatecrasher »

I've got 25984299. Other potential part numbers were 25870303, 25888827, and 25872676. It looks like a lot of contemporary cars used a similar looking module, but of course the part number is specific to 08-09 H3 SUV.

It's only $50 to get it cleared, so I'm not going to sink too much time into this. I really just figured I'd ask for the fun of it.