Adding remote start to 2007 ctsv with 04 Colorado body.

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Adding remote start to 2007 ctsv with 04 Colorado body.

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

ironduke wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote:I have termite now looks really hard to use! How do you edit the function keys Macros?
Click settings and set up your com port. All you should really need is Port and Baudrate, can leave the rest alone.

You'll want to Append CR-LF. this means when you press enter it will send a carriage return and a new line command. If I remember you don't need one of them but having both on doesn't hurt.

In the plug-ins on the right you can see Function Keys.. double click on it..
Functionkeys filter settings should show up.. F1 - F12..

All you do is type what you want the key to do.. You should add \r\n at the end of each line so it will send a carriage return and a new line command to tell the elm to process that command.

If your connected and have CAN formatting turned on. ATcaf1 then you can make F1 = 1a 90 \r\n and click ok..

Now when your connected you can hit F1 and it will send a vin request.. You can do multiline commands but honestly it is hit or miss because the timing is pretty tight with the ecu's but this does work just for goofing around and trying commands, figuring out things...

Universal patcher can do this and a lot more with the logger built into that, I haven't messed with it very much but I definitely see LOTS of potential in it.. Last I knew they were working on some simply elm327 logging capabilities but it'd be better with a J2534 device for sure..

This is super slick works perfectly plus love the repeat with timer

I have to use all 12 f keys lol!

But it started and stayed running !!

Now can I send multiple commands per line ?

I want to send
F1 key =
Atsh6c10fo\r\n && 1a90\r\n

But that doesn’t seem to work!

I wish I didn’t need to change headers between commands!

I wish the Elm just let me send the full message like
At6c10f01a90
But doesn’t seem to work that way!!

Thanks this was a great tip!

Few more questions can termite be run via
Command line? With argv1 etc..

And can I load a script to send all my keys from f1-f12?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

It sounds like you may want to start playing around with universal patcher as that is waaaaay more powerful than termite ever will be..
Termite is definitely limited in it's capabilities but it does get the ball rolling and can be useful when your just trying a little bit more than typing send and receive commands.

I have no idea on any of those questions as far as running it via command line, or have it run a script.. etc.. it's not designed for that.. I don't really even use it any more since I don't really use the elm anymore.. No way to run 2 commands on one line.. If your using all 12 function keys then you should be writing your own code or using universalpatcher and writing scripts for that, lol..
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

ironduke wrote:It sounds like you may want to start playing around with universal patcher as that is waaaaay more powerful than termite ever will be..
Termite is definitely limited in it's capabilities but it does get the ball rolling and can be useful when your just trying a little bit more than typing send and receive commands.

I have no idea on any of those questions as far as running it via command line, or have it run a script.. etc.. it's not designed for that.. I don't really even use it any more since I don't really use the elm anymore.. No way to run 2 commands on one line.. If your using all 12 function keys then you should be writing your own code or using universalpatcher and writing scripts for that, lol..

Agreed I mean soon it’s going to be written into a python script or something timing will be fun..