Best genuine elm327 v2.1 low power mode longest range

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Best genuine elm327 v2.1 low power mode longest range

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

antus wrote:Well I think you'd put the phone in the shed where you park the car, and have it running a hotspot, and have the elm paired with that network, so it pulls up and gets on the phone network, then when your at the other end of the house you put your phone on the hotspot network and run the app that talks to the car. But it'd be manual. But all this talk probably doesnt belong in this thread thats a home wifi networking topic and could go on for pages. Tazzi might be able to give you a theoretical range of xpro, but I would guess its similar to everything else, limited by internal antenna type and install location in a car surrounded by body metal.
Ok! Thanks:) need to tie into the onstar roof antenna lol or the xm one!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I'v found some mobile phones do diddly squat without a sim card.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

All this work... You know they sell these things that you can attach to the keys that has a button on it, when you press that button it can turn on a bunch of relays for a certain amount of time, it can even turn them on in a certain order. In fact you can even buy programmable bypass modules that work nicely with these modules to send CAN/VPW/GMlan data to bypass certain immobilizer systems..
I agree it'd be neat to get it done with what you have, but.....
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I know I have a 2-way paging alarm! But it was in another vehicle and had so many wires going to it!

I was originally going to design a interface using an Adrino or something to me more plug and play, using a good deal of the OBD2 signals. I may still go that route but that will require more programming than I know atm. For now I’ll try to get it up ant running via wifi even if it’s a short distance. Great for testing.

It’s to bad there isn’t a better distance that works!

One issue with those bypass modules is that you need to leave a key in the vehicle in a box. And most of those work via a simple ground! All a thief needs to do is ground it and they are off!

So my solution will have all the code in your phone.. which is secured via passcode! So all they have is a elm and they won’t no my fuel continue password off the top of their head! So they won’t bracket to easily start it that way.

Oh my opinion of you use those bypass kits just remove vats lol .. you might as well!

Also ally of the aftermarket alarms I’ve seen if you unplug them or kill power they default the circuit to ground which then sends a Immo bypass ready to start!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Personally, I think it's a great educational platform even if you have to stand within a few feet ... You'll grow, so will it!

Education never hurts as long as that education doesn't narrow your mind! ;)

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

I have an aftermarket remote start / alarm system in my H3. There's no "key in a box".
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Gatecrasher wrote:I have an aftermarket remote start / alarm system in my H3. There's no "key in a box".
Yes but you likely don’t have a chipped key? Just a pass lock 2, pk3+ should be stamped on the key for Canadian exports 2008 and newer, and select 2008 optioned usa models.