iPhone boiler plate or open source elm327 or tty term

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: iPhone boiler plate or open source elm327 or tty term

Post by Tazzi »

04colyZQ8 wrote: What do you mean by byte baised?

The python I seen before was just a few
Commands difference:)

Are you still working on your code or is it pretty much finished?

Is there a library in C# for connecting over wifi? Is this a server client relationship?

In C# and python we use serial imports and just so something
Simple like
open.elm
Write.elm
Read.elm

:)
For instance, the ELM format is all string commands. As in, you send the 'string' values to the scantool.
A string command such as ATI will report back what the tool is on an ELM327 cable. If you convert that into a byte array form, it would actually look like this: 0x41 0x54 0x49.
When you request data from the car with the ELM, you would send a string like 01 00, if you convert this to a byte array form, it looks like: 0x30 0x31 0x20 0x30 0x30
The ELM cable then has to convert that byte array into the actual data it wants to send, in this case, it has to convert all of that to 0x01 0x 00.

You don't have to understand exactly whats going on with the above, other then converting from strings to bytes is very inefficient and slow, which is why ELM cables are extremely slow in comparison to most tools.

The OBDX Pros also support the ELM format, but also support a custom protocol made by me which I call DVI (Direct Vehicle Interface). This protocol is all byte based (instead of strings) since it makes it much more efficient.

The C# MAUI template is completed and working as is, but there is a bunch of templates I am working on to demonstrate various abilities and other protocols too.
The WIFI connection is a direct connection from the scantool to the smartphone.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726