Creating a Smoother Launch Control

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks

Creating a Smoother Launch Control

Postby bubba2533 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Hey! I'm a novice when it comes to programming and especially when it comes to reprogramming a PCM to do something it was never intended to do.

I've taken a crack at programming my own Launch Control routine for the LS1 PCM at I actually got it to work! :punk:

The basics are that it sets the coil dwell to zero if the engine RPM is greater than a set point.

Details in this thread for anyone interested
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6247

The issue is I think there is a limit to how smooth it can hold the RPM's since it's a single set point and it will oscillate.

If anyone has ideas (or better yet code!) that you think would help keep the RPM consistent that would be great.

Re: Creating a Smoother Launch Control

Postby turbo_bu » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:53 am

Yes, saw your work in the other thread and it looks great. My first suggestion would be to do like the rest of the factory OS does and add in a form of hysteresis (upper / lower boundary ). This could help reduce the range of oscillations. Other options would have to play with the actual spark value being commanded ... to try and make a "soft" limiter. This would mean more code than a simple hysteresis.

Return to Custom Code