VS L67 Nitrous Dual Timing Tables

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
PaulR
cars: VS 355

VS L67 Nitrous Dual Timing Tables

Post by PaulR »

Hi im Currently Building my first V6 Combo in a VS and planing on doing a bit of Drag Racing and hitting it with some Nitrous. So im pretty familar with the 11p program, ive used it on other cars and when using Nitrous ive setup two timing tables via the power button so 1 table is active when the Nitrous is on and can pull timing if needed. Im at the point now of doing the Wiring and need to decide if im going to run the original VS V6 ECU or go back to a VR ecu and run 11p. Im not really familar with the MAF based ecus but i had quick look at the enhanced code bins on here and not sure if can set up dual tables? Also been thinking about possible benefits with the VS ecu over the VR ecu, eg sequential injection, dual knock sensors etc any info appreciated Thanks.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: VS L67 Nitrous Dual Timing Tables

Post by hsv08 »

PaulR wrote:Hi im Currently Building my first V6 Combo in a VS and planing on doing a bit of Drag Racing and hitting it with some Nitrous. So im pretty familar with the 11p program, ive used it on other cars and when using Nitrous ive setup two timing tables via the power button so 1 table is active when the Nitrous is on and can pull timing if needed. Im at the point now of doing the Wiring and need to decide if im going to run the original VS V6 ECU or go back to a VR ecu and run 11p. Im not really familar with the MAF based ecus but i had quick look at the enhanced code bins on here and not sure if can set up dual tables? Also been thinking about possible benefits with the VS ecu over the VR ecu, eg sequential injection, dual knock sensors etc any info appreciated Thanks.
Unfortunately the MAF based ecus don't have the ability to run a split calibration tune.
My preference would be to use 11p as it also has spark cut code, last thing you want is hitting the limiter with a guts full of NOS and have the injector pulse cutout if it hits the limiter. Spark cut would be safer in that scenario.
VS V6 is still a MAF based ecu, with no split cal ability, meaning you'd have to find an alternative way to reduce timing when the spray comes in.
PaulR
cars: VS 355

Post by PaulR »

ok thanks for that i was kinda leaning towards running vr ecu the maf based ecus do seem a bit more complicated
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You could double stack 2 eprom on top of each other and switch the ce pin on the eprom to switch from one to the other and have a tune on one for nitrous and a tune for no nitrous on the other
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i second $11P
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I am not familiar with the 11P stuff, if it has an IAT table why not use an "IAT tricker" for the nitrous retard? I apologize for not knowing.