OSE $12S

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

OSE $12S

Post by VL400 »

This is the first official $12 OSE release. Its based on $12 VR code so uses a very similar XDF - A regular $12 XDF will not work properly and cause the engine not to start!

The changes from the factory $12 code are as follows...
- Extra ALDL Read and Write Modes
- Calibration Memory Extended
- Changed Checksum SO It Only Checks The Code Segment, Allows Real-Time Tuning With The Checksum Remaining Functional
- Fixed GM Bug In ALDL Mode 2 That Caused The Last Byte To Be Wrong

Instructions For Use:
- Burn the OSE_$12S.bin to a NVRAM using an EPROM burner
- Then using the flashtool found here, flash in the cal file that suits your application.
- The XDF that suits this binary is also part of the package. It has a couple of calculation errors that I will fix but will otherwise get you started.
Attachments
OSE $12S.zip
(32.2 KiB) Downloaded 532 times
delcowizzid

Re: OSE $12S

Post by delcowizzid »

nice effort mate looks great xdf is bloody good too good to see you helped GM fix there over 10 year old issue :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Nice work! Finally free realtime software exists in the wild. This will make a lot of people happy, and i'll be very interested to see where you or we at this forum can take it in the future too. It should work with antusprom I guess for realtime editing before tunerproRT 5 is released?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice work man, long time coming has finally come!!

whats this aldl error ? what does it effect .....

and the magical question you know i have to ask ..... will it work with a camira ignition module ?? :P
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Its a bug that happens when you are using mode 2 and requesting data from 0xFFFF - the very last byte. GM missed a little bit of code so added it in :)

Look out for OSE $12P, it will have a few new features like camira module support, 4 cyl support and some other stuff :ugeek:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

come and see me when you want some beta testers for $12P :mrgreen:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Hi,
I just went to test out this bin and found a problem.. .
I used the V8 BLCF_NoVAT.cal, made a few modifications to the WOT spark and fuel map to suit my car and went for a drive, the Main Spark Extended Slope is set to 2.87 degrees but in the aldl log, the spark map is acting like its set to about 8.5. my spark map is at 29.18 deg at 4800rpm then it jumps up to 36.21 at 5500rpm which is ping territory.

anyone else have issues like this?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

:shock: Thats not so good! Will test it out on the bench and let you know what happens with it, I have not touched that are of the code so it should be as per the factory.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

It looks like there is an error in the XDF, the calculation is wrong. Have updated the zip file with the fixed XDF. Sorry Jayme and all the others that have downloaded the XDF, I was not sure on its accuracy - looks like it was pretty far from the mark!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

easy fixed nice work VL400.theres allways going to be the odd problem when doing new things.im sure most of the availiable xdf's for most of the stock codes have errors in them as well ive found the odd funny thing before.its good people reporting odd things they find so it can be better still.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem