OSE 12P querries and observations.

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
BIGALSRYD

Re: OSE 12P querries and observations.

Post by BIGALSRYD »

Haha funny you should mention this, I posted a similar question in another thread not long ago. Where abouts do you change these settings?
Lawso
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Thanks once again for the advice guys.

I am using an innovate LM1. I did restirct the range to 11-19 afr(both on the innvoate output and in the 0v wideband / 5V wideband settings in OSE. I had read on here that restricting the range would improve the resolution.
I'm not that confident in the output of the LM1, I have tested the voltage with a meter and it was 5.2v when it should have been 5v.

Anyone using any other brand of wideband? Would be interesting to know is the output voltage is more stable. The serial output works fine. I have used it with EFIlive's flashscan and it's bang on.

Fiddled with it again this morning and was able to get a mostly stable 1100rpm idle. Still have a lot of learning to do with the idle settings... It's not getting to the point where it will run in closed loop idle, got to look into that one. Might be the problem all along.

I agree though, it can be tough to get a stable idle on a water brake. Usually I can get it to be stable but high idle.

How do I adjust the callibration for the wideband? It looked ok around stoich and it seemed to get further out the more it moved away from 14.7.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

BIGALSRYD wrote:Haha funny you should mention this, I posted a similar question in another thread not long ago. Where abouts do you change these settings?
"VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR" and "VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR". They should match whatever the innovate output is, will find the 0v is correct but the 5v one is not if your using the default innovate settings.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

My LM1 is pretty close to whats expected...

Code: Select all

Set         Actual
5v          4.93v
4v          3.97v
3v          2.97v
2v          1.97v
1v          0.98v
Have not tested the MTX-L yet but will do later.
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Update

The engine is in the car now and running.

The narrowband VE update is working a treat, drops the workload quite a bit if the base is in the ballpark!

Found out where I was going wrong with idle, had the map limit set wrong. Corrected it and it idles at around 13.5afr at 900, happy as a clam! Still a lot to learn, but fighting one battle at a time and I WILL win the war!

Still battling the wideband. I have an LC-1 installed in the car. It is doing some screwy stuff at the moment, I'm pretty sure that it is the positive voltage source. I will change it tomorow and see if it makes a difference. I have everytthing directly grounded to the block, so it must be the positive picking up noise or unstable voltage.
On a positive note, I can get OSE to see the same afr as the gauge, it's just that they read very different to what is actually happening.

So far, very impressed with the functionallity of OSE
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear, cars really are made to test us. Once that LC1 is sorted will make tuning it a breeze.
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Well, after much screwing around, the LC-1 was faulty (not uncommon...) So it got a flying lesson...

I bought an Innovate MTX-L. Much better setup, everything is contained within the gauge. And as it is internal, none of the voltage offset crap you have to contend with using the LC-1.
And at $230 including the sensor, pretty good value for money.
Logging is working fine.