Autoprom for logging?

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
shane1

Autoprom for logging?

Post by shane1 »

Hi guys ,
Ive been using an autoprom for many years now and regularly use it to modify holden/chev tunes. I want to use the 12p custom tunes ,which load and tune easy but i cant log .My autoprom is great for logging,but even when i cant use it i use my efilive v4pro and a serial cable and never have a drama. Try as i may i cant seem to get either to log with the custom o/s I know many of you use nvrams but i would really like to keep using the autoprom. I see theres adx files written so why cant i use the autoprom to log.I know the cable on it is an american aldl connector (works a treat on my chevs) but im assuming it could be modified to an aussie aldl and with the right setup should be usable.Im sure im not the only one out there who doesnt want/need more chip programmers/emulators.I will i i have to but surely it can?has been done. Alternitively should i just modify an 808 to do my tuning and then burn a chip when im done and fit that to the car and keep my modded 808 for the next car as all the changes are only for logging/realtime tuning.Great forum keep up the good work thanks
Shane
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Autoprom for logging?

Post by VL400 »

You might need to adjust the echo setting in the 12P ADX, its possible its set to no echo while most ALDL adapters have echo. Can edit the definition and set 'RS232 echo' if you have not already. Otherwise how far are you getting with the connection? Does it connect but the guages are all screwy or does it just fail??
shane1

Post by shane1 »

wont connect at all just about over it wasted an afternoon on it today would have already payed for the bits i needed lol.Spent forever getting tunerpro 5 to find the plugin., what do i need /how much to be able to do all commodores realtime/with aldl i already have a few spare computers an autoprom, burn 2 so im assumuing i just need a usb aldl for an 808 another for vs-vy and two nvrams vn and vs.Is that all?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

As much as I like to sell stuff you should be able to log and use 12P with the gear you have. You do lose some features that are NVRAM specific but it will still work.

You wont need to use the plugin and would advice not using it with an autoprom as I dont know how the two will interact. I dont use a autoprom but if you can log fine using other ADXs post one up and will check out whats different.

What ECU are you running 12P on?? If its an 808 then they dont have 8192 baud data without adding a board to it.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

The Autoprom I have logs fine with $12P and the standard ADX. I used the original US ALDL connector to figure out which pin is which then made my own cable as its just an RJ45 connector at the Autoprom end. Only three pins are used:

RJ45 pin = VN/VP connector pin = VR/VS connector pin = US ALDL pin = function
1 = A = 5 = A = GND
3 = E = 9 = M+E = DATA
2 = H = 16 = B = +12V

I've never tried an 808 at 160baud, I use a VR manual ECU with the faster 8192 data. Don't forget to set the switches on the Autoprom accordingly.

As mentioned you don't need any Tunerpro plugin because support for the Autoprom is built in.

edit: oops, a different piece of paper I have here says pin 2 = B = 6 = B = diagnostic terminal. Which may make more sense...? My cables all work so if you can't figure out which is which I'll dissect one.