For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Re: Accelleration and decelleration

Post by monaro308 »

It does effect RPM at idle as i mounted the grey wire to my HJ shifter so that in park the wire is grounded.
As i have a sloppy shifter if i move it across slightly the rpms change approx 150rpm and i notice the fueling mode window in TP dash going from open to closed loop.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

I noticed that too yesterday after I finally fixed it, no more delay before dropping to normal idle when pulling up, much nicer. Also means that it can be left in gear longer when slowing down (i.e. to lower revs) without surging.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

is there a flag somewere i've missed to determine whether its auto or manual because when i remove that ground i can't start it but if plug it back in it thinks it an auto what have you guys done?
Cheers
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If its an auto to manual conversion you will need to earth the start relay still. But pin B10 (P/N wire) on the ECM needs to be left open. The ECM looks at the p/n wire, if its grounded then it thinks its in Park/Neutral so assumes auto otherwise its a manual.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

ahh righto just found out the wiring diagram i'm looking at has the ground on the wrong side of the relay sweet i'll go fix that
thanks for that
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:If its an auto to manual conversion you will need to earth the start relay still. But pin B10 (P/N wire) on the ECM needs to be left open. The ECM looks at the p/n wire, if its grounded then it thinks its in Park/Neutral so assumes auto otherwise its a manual.

is this what the factory loom section that goes under the console does when sourced from a manual car? Thats what I do.

I noticed they are wired more differently than just the P/N short that is commonly done.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.