1bar tune ( but map seems to be 2bar ???) help

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
fat265
cars: 1976 Valiant Charger 265 Hemi 6 Cylinder

1bar tune ( but map seems to be 2bar ???) help

Post by fat265 »

I have ose12p 111 setup in my car ( vk charger with 265 hemi )

Its only running timing at the moment ( ecm controlling ignition ) just converted from kalmaker. )

I got a issue where tuner pro is constantly showing a map of 100 kpa
The scaled map voltage shows about 4.78 volts ( engine off ignition on ) but kpa shows 198kpa
when the car is running idling the volts chance as expected when you rev it etc I am getting about 114kpa or 2.6 volts idling

Is the ADX wrong ( I have not modified it from standard ) or is it the XDF ???

I do have a standard 1 bar map sensor in the car. ( and it used to work correclty with kalmaker )

Here is a screen capture of of the map sensors flags ( incase i got it wrong ) abd a few other things..
There is a MAP for boost but all columns are 100 ???

Help !! :)

*** PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND VIEW IMAGE BELOW AS THE FORUM HAS CUT OFF THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE IMAGE

yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: 1bar tune ( but map seems to be 2bar ???) help

Post by yoda69 »

Not sure if you are referring to 100kPa in the ADX data or the tunerpro tuning screen.
The Table you are showing is for boost (Map A: EST - Boost MAin Spark...) , as you are set for 1 bar, this table isn't used.
You need to use the table above it "Map A: EST - 20-100kPa Main Spak Advance...."

yoda69
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep. If you are referring to the adx, then its likely your 'newdash.adx' is based on the 2 bar petrol adx, and should have been the 1 bar version. The bin looks correct for 1 bar.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
fat265
cars: 1976 Valiant Charger 265 Hemi 6 Cylinder

Post by fat265 »

YODA69

I lknow i should be using the map above. I was just wondering why it even showed up on a 1bar config and that all columns were 100kpa.. i wasnt using it anyway.

ANTUS

You are correct i accidentally opened the 2 bar adx and saved it as NEWDASH. ( I just checked )

Now the $1,0000,000 question seeing i had spent some time customizing the adx as i want it. Do i have to start from scratch or can i edit the adx somehow to display 1bar

In ADX editor the conversion for the value MAP is as follows

1 bar = ( X * 0.369 ) + 10.354
2 bar = ( X * 0.781 ) + 8

So I guess I can just edit the values to match ( is this all that i need to do as it appears to work fine ) now

Thanks guys ( I am still new to tunerpro ) loving it though it rocks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I have not seen a way to hide items based on the MAP flags so you will always have the boosted items visible, TP has lots of hidden things or ways to work around so its possible there is some way to hide them. The 100kPa columns in boost tables is just a way to show that 1 bar is selected in the MAP sensor selection - the table headers change with MAP selection changes.

Yeah thats all thats needed to make it display correctly, the tables are also 20-100kPa in the 1 bar ADX so can adjust your 2bar labelled ones if you dont want to see the boost columns.