OSE $12P Teaser

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
darcy

Re: OSE $12P Teaser

Post by darcy »

Stock cam in anything seems to be happy with a much wider AFR and timing range.

A popular suolution that can be employed in EFILive and HPTuners for LS1s is TPS based fuelling for upto a given RPM, say 2000 for large cammed engines where the low speed MAP resolution isn't so fine.

Is that an even more time consuming feature to employ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The closed throttle VE table kind of does that, whenever the throttle is closed it ignores the MAP sensor and just looks at RPM and grabs the VE from 2D table. I guess the issue is then as the throttle opens your back to trying to tune with little to no vacuum.
morex
cars: Holden Torana 383 Chev
Holden Formula SV enchanced v6
Vk commodore wagon
VE SS Ute

Post by morex »

Yeah idle i can get to run not stall and do all things i want and it is happy idling at around 13.0:1 in park and 13.4 in gear but the problem come say just off idle going through a car park ect just low speed stuff WOT is fine and above 2800-3000 is ok because it has more vacuum there.

:think:
If 1 HP was good then 600+ gotta be great right????
gts_215i
cars: Holden V8

Post by gts_215i »

Any update ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what update are you after ?
vnsswithcam
cars: vt ss commodore

Post by vnsswithcam »

im currently using 12p and read this thread and are you guys telling me if i tick the ve learn box my ve tables will adjust themselves and keep it on my memcal ?or do i have to log it for a couple of weeks until it learns then reprogram the memcal?
cheers paul
one point twenty one jiggawatts!!!! great scott!!!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If your using 12P with the NVRAM it will automatically adjust the VE table for you as you drive - can drive around then read the cal and compare it to the original before VE learn. This does not fix tuning issues such as incorrectly calibrated temp compensation tables. It also needs a good condition and working O2 sensor.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Firstly thanks heaps for $12P, have been mucking with it for a bit and its awesome! I'm using V110 at present with a VR manual ECM for high speed serial data and LC-1 wideband, makes life so easy.

Quick question regarding the VE learn while on the topic - I have a Moates Autoprom which as I understand it uses NVRAM for emulation, so I was kind of hoping that VE learn would work with this. However nothing seems to happen when I switch on either wideband or narrowband VE learn, can anyone confirm whether its possible with the Autoprom or not?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

i dont think the autoprom allows the ecm to update data, its designed for changes to be made from the pc side with the ecm being unaware that its not running from a normal rom. the nvram we install has the write signal on what is normally an unused pin on the memcal. autoprom is not set up like this. you can still record logs, adjust your ve table in the spreadsheet and save it back, but you'll need the laptop connected to gather the data.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Thanks, I suspected as much just wanted to confirm. Might look at a proper NVRAM conversion one day but the budget is blown for now. A decent logging session with $12P using the wideband does wonders anyway!