OSE $12P Teaser

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
vnsswithcam
cars: vt ss commodore

Re: OSE $12P Teaser

Post by vnsswithcam »

so if i purchuse the nvram board and put my tune on it drive around for a while with the ve learn on then take it out read it in tunerpro then my ve table would be corrected or changed automaticly??
thats fantastic if thats the case i think i want one of these nvram boards
pm sent
one point twenty one jiggawatts!!!! great scott!!!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well if you have the ability to connect to the ecm with the flashtool then you don't even need to to take the chip out to read it back, simply suck the cal out of the ecm with the flashtool and compare it to the one that went in!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It does not perform magic, but yes it can adjust the VE table while your driving. It does need a helping hand to smooth the table out as you wont hit every point and it cannot correct for temperature related calibration errors - ie the car runs lean when cold and rich when warmed up, VE learn will lean out the VE table and it will run even worse when cold.
vnsswithcam
cars: vt ss commodore

Post by vnsswithcam »

ok guys got tp5 ,nvram, usb comms board,flashtool all up and running now can emulate it is connected to 12p plugin but i cant seem to get the dash working all the readings dont move and cant seem to data log at all is there something im missing ? do i need to turn something on or is my usb comms board wired wrong which ive checked a million times and im confident its 100% correct also where can i get info on types of wideband sensors this set up supports ive got a 6 wire one off a vz commodore in my hands and they use current to measure the afr using the internal pump ??
cheers paul
one point twenty one jiggawatts!!!! great scott!!!
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Try checking the echo setting for the ADX definition, it should not be selected if your using the plugin (the plugin setup should have ignore echo selected instead).

For the wideband you will need a wideband controller such as innovate or 14point7. Basically any wideband controller that has a linear 0-5v output can be used.
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Just curious. Is there a way the flex lookup tables can be used to switch a soloinoid for a spark cut?
Edit sorry was meant for the 12p thread.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

theres no problems with it working a solenoid or relay .... question is how do you want it work work ?
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

so it coudnt be used to kill power to the coilpack/dfi/ or cas(i know this will throw a code but no cas sig=no spark yes?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it could be used to turn a relay on or off to cut power to the coil packs, but it depends what you want to achieve from doing it as to weather i said yes or not :)
VL400

Post by VL400 »

It sounds risky to just cut it off, if its currently charging a coil there is a pretty good chance of firing the plug early as soon as power is removed. I wouldnt be doing it! If you remove power to the module it will have to sync back up each time and will stop sending ref signals (ie how the ECU calcs RPM)

You could use a relay on the EST wire (same issue of firing a plug early though), there would be a few options with that too. Could ground the EST much the like the module does in bypass mode but would need to mask the EST fault or even just open circuit the EST signal. Can play around with it but wouldnt recommend doing this on an engine you care about...