Idle Timing Issue

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
rjc078

Idle Timing Issue

Post by rjc078 »

Hi,

I am running the OSE 12P bin and have a question about the idle timing Map. In my logs I noticed that no matter what RPM or MAP, if TPS = 0% the computer runs the idle timing and anything above 0% TPS it will run the normal MAP. I thought it would only use the Idle timing when it was in closed loop idle? Have I got a setting wrong??

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

RJC078
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Idle Timing Issue

Post by antus »

Do you have a speed sensor?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
rjc078

Post by rjc078 »

No speed sensor
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Idle spark is used once the engine is idling - closed throttle and vehicle speed is less than "Idle Fuel Param - Max road speed for idle A/F ratio". You will find it a little harder to get all the idle stuff working well without a speed sensor though, as you have found as soon as throttle is closed you will use idle spark as it thinks the vehicle is stationary.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

something i also found out about since putting the different cam in my motor is that my idle spark should be 28 degrees .... i was seeing 33 degrees at idle (closed loop idle) and this is because closed loop idles main aim is to keep the engine rpm at the "desired idle" figure and to do this is adds and removes timing to keep the idle at the desire .... like if you have your carby car idling and you adjust the dizzy the revs rise and drop .....

you can turn it off, there is a scaler for it, but i've found it generally works better with it than without it.
rjc078

Post by rjc078 »

Thanks guys. I adjusted the "Idle Fuel Param - Max road speed for idle A/F ratio" to 0 KPH and have just adjusted the main map to what I want the idle timing to be and it seem to work OK and not go into the idle map. I was also seing the difference in the idle timing when it was being used and wondered why this was, so thanks for that as well!