12P flex table?

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
dooda

12P flex table?

Post by dooda »

Hi all :)

I am just getting started with 12p tuning and i am slowly getting the brain into gear with it lol
My question - Does anyone have a tutorial or can run me through setting up a flex output A in tuner pro to turn a thermofan on ?
I have done a heap of searching but just cant seem to find the info i need to set up the table parameters .
I only want a simple temp table to activate the fans at the right temperature.

Also i am presuming from the info i can find that the output from the relevant flextable A pin is earthed (to activate a relay) ?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide :thumbup:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: 12P flex table?

Post by VL400 »

The basics of it are..
1 - Get the current cal using the flashtool
2 - Under Binary Functions select Flexible Output Editor
3 - Load the Cal file from step one
4 - Setup the table how you want - select the output, choose the axis (for fan control can be Coolant Temp vs anything you want including Coolant Temp for a psuedo 2D lookup), optionally select active only with engine run and for a on/off relay select Digital On/Off output
5 - Save the Cal file
6 - Modify the XDF, select the 12P XDF and let it setup the axis headers etc according to what you just setup. Save it as a new file name if you want
7 - Write the cal to the ECU so what you just setup is current (dont worry about the actual table contents yet)

Now when you open TP select your modified XDF and the flex table you just setup will have the correct table headers. If you now connect to the ECU the table can be populated with your fan setup.

EDIT: The output is earthed when active.
dooda

Post by dooda »

Awsome response vl400 :) thanks for the info , only thing thats got me now is - for the time being i wont be doing live tunes until i get one of your nvram's at a later date lol i am just doing my tuning in TP and programming it to the eeprom. I understood nearly all of what your saying to do, But the only thing that i am confused with is TP obviously saves a BIN file and i need to load the CAL file into your flashtool to create my flex table. I understand the differences between the CAL and BIN files but how to i extract the calibration portion of the bin file into your flashtool ?

Sorry for the noob learning question lol :lol:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You will need to use a hex editor, the cal segment is from address 0 to 1AFF. So you could do a get cal and then load that in the flashtool, then after saving your flex table changes use the hex editor to paste it to a 12P bin file so it replaces the bytes 0-1AFF.
dooda

Post by dooda »

Thanks Mate :D

I literally actually just figured that out after some head smashing :lol:

Thanks for the awsome help and info