VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by Dylan »

The1 wrote:hmm looking at the VT V8 5.0L code im sure they didn't have EGR? cause EGR code is in there, which means free spare to clear and extra ram variables! :thumbup:
Pretty sure they didn't run one either.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:hmm looking at the VT V8 5.0L code im sure they didn't have EGR? cause EGR code is in there, which means free spare to clear and extra ram variables! :thumbup:
Nope no egr on the 5l :)
Also I'm not sure about Aussie but the purge canister control could be dumped for more space?
I've run with and without it and never noticed a difference in afrs.
You could always remove that code?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

0081 wrote:Hey The1 on my wiring digrams the NZ flash PCM's had a map sesnor input could that be used as a input for WB or what ever?
I think that code was used to compensate barometric changes for the auto trans to keep line pressures in check and higher altitudes?
The1

Post by The1 »

yes from what ive traced it does and it's also used in the adaptive shift routine for desired shift times etc.

EGR code removal will create quite a bit of room, i dont think can purge takes up much, EGR is what i removed on the other models to give room for current features.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:yes from what ive traced it does and it's also used in the adaptive shift routine for desired shift times etc.

EGR code removal will create quite a bit of room, i dont think can purge takes up much, EGR is what i removed on the other models to give room for current features.
They dont run a physical map sensor in the engine bay though do they? im not sure where they would get map/baro readings from other then a calculated estimate from the baro in the maf sensor?

Thats good that EGR code can be removed to add further features.
What was it you were thinking of adding first up?

The active knock loop would be awesome, considering when ever the knock code is set it takes for ever for advance to come back in again, i know you can set ignore times but want to know what it is before ignoring it. vt onward sensors are suppose to be a fair bit better anyway?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Another thing that would be great is to have a spark cut limiter opposed to a fuel cut? the map based systems use dwell to attain this?
The1

Post by The1 »

Not sure, safety with this? Would want perhaps both cut at same time? If you cut spark and not fuel, might not be good with hot plugs and boost apps?

ATM I'd rather get all models on a level field.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

better to cut spark than fuel in a boosted application in my opinion!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:Not sure, safety with this? Would want perhaps both cut at same time? If you cut spark and not fuel, might not be good with hot plugs and boost apps?

ATM I'd rather get all models on a level field.
Im sure 12p has the option of fuel cut and soft and hard spark cut sounds like it works well. i just did a tune for a mate of mine running a vs hsv which he reqeusted a less mang mang limiter. so i had set up a spark cut limiter for him so it comes in and out faster.
I think that sparkcut would be safer then a fuel cut as you wont lean out a cylinder when the cut comes in and induce knock. i dont think pre ignition would be much of an issue in a boosted engine unless your running fairly lean at the higher end of boost and youd need to be there for a while before youd get plugs to deisel.

Im happy with just getting on the same level as the v6 stuff. it all seems to work quite well for them.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

12P only has fuel cut, not possible to have spark cut as the DFI module doesn't support it. VL400's programmable ignition module does do spark cut.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.