VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
The1

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by The1 »

No it adjusts both the same, if there's a difference between banks then there's something causing it, bad sensors or a leak or injector etc
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah, figured that, just making sure.

I'll sort some new O2 sensors this week as it's still got the original ones fitted and they are probably contaminated a bit from the weeping LIM gaskets I just changed. We'll go from there.

After that, it might be a set of injectors.
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

You have ready made troubleshooting - swap o2 sensors or injectors between banks and see if the imbalance changes. Costs but a little time.

Simon
immortality

Post by immortality »

True. I'm sure the O2 sensors have seen better days so I was intending to change those anyway. I'll do them first and then see what the happens.
The1

Post by The1 »

If you datalog normal town driving you can soon tell how good the O2 sensors are, have a look at the crosscounts, should be ideally 4+ most good o2s get 10 or so, also check the voltage swing on them
immortality

Post by immortality »

Checked the log, the RH O2 sensor seems to take longer to start working and seems a bit lazy compared to the LH O2. Cross counts are range from 0 to 4 but the odd time came up to 5 or 6.

It's about $100 for 2 genuine sensors which isn't to bad so I'll still change em.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Started tweaking vx tune today egr off for a start now to do some logging and might cut pe fueling in early I drive over a steep hill every day and I can add heaps of throttle and not gain speed until it hits I presume pe tps fueling level and takes off it struggles up at over 30L/100 Just holding constant speed might also rip the tb off and hack out the hump and retune to suit too it's so doughy and have to get it on the hoist and see how melted the car is I'm sure it's partly blocked she's hush quiet even at wot lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

How much timing can they take? I've read they don't like much and the factory is very tame. Will be interesting to see. I've never had a wideband on a Ecotec.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Mine triggers a couple of degrees of retard quite often but she's nearing 500k lol and one banks plugs are very lean the other side real rich.the side with egr is the lean side .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality

Post by immortality »

delcowizzid wrote:Started tweaking vx tune today egr off for a start now to do some logging and might cut pe fueling in early I drive over a steep hill every day and I can add heaps of throttle and not gain speed until it hits I presume pe tps fueling level and takes off it struggles up at over 30L/100 Just holding constant speed might also rip the tb off and hack out the hump and retune to suit too it's so doughy and have to get it on the hoist and see how melted the car is I'm sure it's partly blocked she's hush quiet even at wot lol
I found the ecotecs go into 4th far to early and rely on the converter to do all the work. I changed ours so it stays in 3rd and keep the revs up a bit more. The L67's are tuned like this from the factory too.