VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Gareth

Re: The1's Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by Gareth »

charlay86 wrote:Is anyone interested in flex fuel support?
Yes, I am :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Gareth wrote:
Noted.
There seems to be a spare input capture channel available that could be used to read the PWM output signal from a GM flex fuel sensor. :comp:
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

charlay86 wrote:
Gareth wrote:
Noted.
There seems to be a spare input capture channel available that could be used to read the PWM output signal from a GM flex fuel sensor. :comp:
Flex fuel would be awesome
twiztidditzwit
cars: 1995 Chevy Camaro L32 3.4L V-6

Post by twiztidditzwit »

'quipt4it wrote:These are Flash PCM's I believe. No chip to remove/ replace. I think they dub it OBD1.5.
Swapping in an earlier ECM would probably be the go...

What would you suggest to be the best fit for a 95 v6 sfi rwd auto trans?
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

twiztidditzwit wrote: What would you suggest to be the best fit for a 95 v6 sfi rwd auto trans?
This code is specifically for the Holden 5l V8 and 3.8l 90° V6 motors, with a P6 type PCM. We have real time support on the earlier models that were fitted with a memcal, but not on the later models with flash memory. Real time support is achieved by installing a NVSRAM instead of the memcal eprom.

Your PCM is a very different beast.
I'm somewhat familiar with it as I helped Xnke get his boosted truck working, but I've never actually seen one in the flesh.

Does it still have a location for a memcal header?
If it does, i'd suggest the simplest thing to do would be to remove the flash ic and install the header and try to get hold of an ostrich 2.0.
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Re: VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by L67PSI »

Hi guys, I've flashed the VY V6 enhanched code into my VY with a spare PCM using OSE flashtool. Is it possible to adjust the VIN to the correct one? It functions fine, just that it shows the old vehicle VIN.

Thanks
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Hi guys,

Is there any way we could add a table for IAT sensor calibration in the V6 tunes?

I think my MAT sensor in the L67 is stuffed (located in the runner for #1 cylinder) and is reading high (yesterday it was pegged over 100°C when it normally sits in the 60°C or less under those driving conditions) so I'm looking to replace it however seeing as the stock GM MAT sensor is old technology and very slow acting I'd like to replace it with something more modern. Was looking at these (which comes with full sensor calibration data).

https://www.motionraceworks.com/product ... -f-52-1248
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

immortality wrote:Hi guys,

Is there any way we could add a table for IAT sensor calibration in the V6 tunes?

I think my MAT sensor in the L67 is stuffed (located in the runner for #1 cylinder) and is reading high (yesterday it was pegged over 100°C when it normally sits in the 60°C or less under those driving conditions) so I'm looking to replace it however seeing as the stock GM MAT sensor is old technology and very slow acting I'd like to replace it with something more modern. Was looking at these (which comes with full sensor calibration data).

https://www.motionraceworks.com/product ... -f-52-1248
Interesting, fast response is good and it like it may not suffer from heat soak as much.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

It would be. What I've noticed with the new sensors is that the sensor tip is a lot longer/further into the runner so it would be reading more accurately rather than been close to the manifold/runner wall which would be more boundary layer air and it doesn't have a cage around it either.

I worked out my sensor is fine and the data logger was reading the MAT sensor wrong although all the other things seemed right. I noticed the memory card had popped out, put it back in, plugged it back in and hey presto numbers are back to normal. I'd still like to swap the MAT sensor out with something more modern though.
The1

Post by The1 »

if it's 0-5volt then it should be ok.

here's the factory sensor calibration table in the out of cal area.
Attachments
intakets.jpg
intakets.jpg (28.26 KiB) Viewed 15334 times